WAYS TO SUCK UP LEAVES

Threads
I have a lawn care business and I rake up leaves in the fall. I used to do it by hand but now I like to suck up the leaves with my lawn mower and dump it. Is there anything that would make me have to empty the bag less? Like a super-sized bag that can fit all mowers? Anything else?

scott47429

Threads
you could get a van wagon that has its own engine my dad has one the only thing with them is theres alot of dust

FastPauly

Forum Newbie
Threads
A few years back.....when I was young and used the larger half of my brain on figuring ways to turn an hours worth of work into 15 minutes....I used my two stage snow-blower to conquer the leaves. I would use a combination of the lawn tractor and leaf blower to gather the leaves to one spot. At that point I raked the leaves into the mouth of the blower as my wife held the bag at the outlet end of the leaf eating monster. It actually worked pretty good aside from the fact that the wife thought more conventional methods of leaf tending was the way to go....:confused2:. I do recall a problem with the stems from the leaves getting wrapped tightly around the gearbox on the first stage auger....to the point that they began to omit smoke.....small problem that required a little attention??

Anyway....that was probably 25 years ago.....still have the same wife!:thumbsup:

NEgravely

Threads
My leaf clean up consists of mulching the leaves very fine then lowering the deck and bagging. Everything looks very nice when its done and you can fit alot into your bagger.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am surprised no one mentioned the 3 bagger craftsman setup. The DYT 4000 Intek 24 I use is a great and fast leaf vacuum. I have heavy leaf fall here. As long as the leaves are reasonably dry or freeze dry the rig is great. The 48" deck shreds and fills the 3 containers quickly. I consider this feature the best thing it does.

The downside of the 3 bagger is moist grass load on grade. I had two engine failures from 300 F overheating. The thing has guages and an oil cooler now.

fastback

Threads
I do not own a business, but I have 2 acres with lots of leaves. I use my GT with a Agri fab vac. The blades on my tractor are of the mulching type. This set up does an excellent job. When we do the flowers we rake all the leaves into the hose and let it get suckin. You just need to be careful of stones the vac will suck in large ones. It really raise heck with the impeller good thing its steel.