Nice Suprise

monica123

Threads
I called last week about repairing the Ryobi trimmer that had been giving us nothing but grief, I hadn't heard back from them, was going to call tomorrow, while I was out today a brand new Ryobi trimmer arrived at my house today, not sure what the repairman told them, but kudos to him!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
monica
That is definitely a NICE surprise...
I've had a few surprises this past wk... but no nice ones.
:smile:KennyV

Dannie

Threads
Some of the Ryobi trimmers are giving trouble.You have a good dealer.

henry

Threads
That is good news. There have been a few brands that have been selling lemon trimmers. At first nothing was being done about it but the good companies are trying to make a mends.

KDL

Threads
I notice a local place here that gets things after market and that have issues have a pile of Ryobi trimmers in dirt cheap, I find when they have huge shipments like that they are lemons and they sell them off cheap to anyone who will buy them.

Hoss

Threads
Every now and then I'll take advantage of sales like that so I can have some extra parts lying around. It's nice if I buy one that actually works good, but I don't count on it.

henry

Threads
You do make a good point there. We once bought a cheap lemon trimmer and we were able to use it for parts. Getting the lemon trimmer was cheaper then the cost of the parts and shipment costs.

scooter

Forum Newbie
Threads
The repairman must have thought that it was uneconomical to repair and persuaded them to send a new one, yes indeed a nice surprise. How old was the original trimmer?

monica123

Threads
The repairman must have thought that it was uneconomical to repair and persuaded them to send a new one, yes indeed a nice surprise. How old was the original trimmer?

Yes, he told them after the last repair it wasn't worth having to put a new engine in as well. I tell you some days I think we would have been better off taking our chances with Craigslist.

briggs

Threads
glad to hear you got a new one that dont happen very often