Does anyone else have a two-stroke Lawn Boy?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 7351 lawn boy. I really like this mower. I got it for 20 bucks. Runs and cuts great

You got a great deal. Please post a photo. The model number doesn't ring a bell.

Ifixdit

Threads
I have worked on several and rarely find one that won't keep running after a good cleaning. I think the plastic carbs are kinda neat too.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have worked on several and rarely find one that won't keep running after a good cleaning. I think the plastic carbs are kinda neat too.

I haven't had to buy any parts for mine but have given it a good cleaning. My first impression of the plastic carb wasn't too favorable but I've come around and changed my mind.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I haven't had to buy any parts for mine but have given it a good cleaning. My first impression of the plastic carb wasn't too favorable but I've come around and changed my mind.

I have three, one of them is a mid-80's model with a 19 inch deck...one I got from a Goodwill store for $15, it's a self propelled electric start. The third is a, well...next time I go to the barn I will look at the decks and get the model numbers. Did Lawn Boy ever make mowers with magnesium decks or were they all aluminum, until they switched to steel decks...???

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have three, one of them is a mid-80's model with a 19 inch deck...one I got from a Goodwill store for $15, it's a self propelled electric start. The third is a, well...next time I go to the barn I will look at the decks and get the model numbers. Did Lawn Boy ever make mowers with magnesium decks or were they all aluminum, until they switched to steel decks...???

Just went outside to call the friggin' cat, looked in the barn...my oldest one appears to be a 1978 (approx.) vintage 21 inch, self propeeled, electric start aluminum deck model 8241 AE. The manual that came with it is dated 1978 !! The second is an aluminum deck, 21 inch push type, model 7263.
The last is a steel deck, 21 inch push type model 7071. I know that one cost me $20 from Goodwill, the self propelled model did too, paid a whole $25 for it. IT IS CLEAN AND COMPLETE. According to the literature that came with it as well as the manual, this model was the top of the line in the late 70's. Good luck in finding a battery pack for that one though.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads

Sorry I took so long to get back to you.

I don't know the answer about the deck material but I strongly suspect that never made an all-aluminum deck -- the metal is too soft. I'm a little less certain, but I doubt that they made an all-magnesium deck -- too brittle. My guess is that most of the Lawn Boy mowers that we're talking about had alloy decks -- aluminum-magnesium, with more aluminum.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just went outside to call the friggin' cat, looked in the barn...my oldest one appears to be a 1978 (approx.) vintage 21 inch, self propeeled, electric start aluminum deck model 8241 AE. The manual that came with it is dated 1978 !! The second is an aluminum deck, 21 inch push type, model 7263.
The last is a steel deck, 21 inch push type model 7071. I know that one cost me $20 from Goodwill, the self propelled model did too, paid a whole $25 for it. IT IS CLEAN AND COMPLETE. According to the literature that came with it as well as the manual, this model was the top of the line in the late 70's. Good luck in finding a battery pack for that one though.

It sounds like you've got a great collection and found them at bargain prices. It's always a good sign when you get the original owner's manual with any piece of equipment.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
you can build up almost any battery pack...

You are right, Kenny...thanks for the idea...I do have a lot of cordless tool batteries that have healthy cells that can be reused. THANKS.

DaveR

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have one. In fact I believe I have the same model as you do. Great mower. I also have the bagger but it's been a while since I used that. I prefer to leave the thatch out. Not sure if I'd buy a lawn boy if I were buying a new mower but if this one ever quits on me I will look for the same model again. Inexpensive and reliable. What more do you need?