New to LMF

travelman401

Forum Newbie
Threads
After 25+ years in the Outdoor Power Equipment Industry both retail and wholesale left to do other things but now find myself back running a small shop part time, equipment sure has changed since being away china knockoff engines, false hp claims, throw away mowers and trimmers, American branded engines made overseas, American Tecumseh engines gone. something I have noticed that keeps shops busy with repairs, damage from ethonal. bring back the 70s and 80s!!!

Snapperfreak

Threads
man i can't agree with u more. and welcome. the junk equipment being turned out these days only to be thrown away in couple years. i was only a kid in the 80s but i loved mowing the lawn since then and i always liked snappers but never had one. hated the garbage craftsman mower i was forced to use. worked fine but man those heavy duty snappers i would see made me very envious. ok so i was a wierd kid but anyway....now i try to snatch up any snapper sp i find for free or cheap and try to work on as i can. i will NEVER buy anything new, i will only repair my old mowers and old mower engines. and when i see equipment left out in yards and fields to get rained on and weather beaten, whatever the brand, it's just rediculous.

but i agree, lawn equipment (and some other things) were just built better back then.

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
Welcome to the forum. What part of FL are you in? N Central here.