what does everyone think about hose reels

msaeger

Threads
I have never had one and I am thinking about getting onr because I have to water bushes and flowers within 50 feet of the faucet. I hate coiling the hose up so I am thinking a reel might be better but the ones in the local places look so crappy.

Last edited:

Parkmower

Threads
I hate hose reels. They're a pain! I like hose hangers. I find they're easier to let hose out and put the hose away.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have used them for years and the only problem I've had is rewinding because I have 150' of hose. Mine is in the front of the house and keeps things looking neat.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use Both reels and hangers...
Either will work well... Mounted reels are much easier to use than roll around reel carts... :smile:KennyV

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
Have you tried the cheap self coiling hoses. The wife got one to water all the plants on the back porch. Takes up a lot less space and is much easier for her to water with and put back up once she's finished with it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use ones that are made for Suncaster, just sits on the ground.

msaeger

Threads
Have you tried the cheap self coiling hoses. The wife got one to water all the plants on the back porch. Takes up a lot less space and is much easier for her to water with and put back up once she's finished with it.

I thought about those but I didn't think they would be long enough. I will look some more though.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have vinyl siding so I don't want to mount it to the house but my plan is to attach it to a 4x4 set in the ground.

I attached a suncaster hose reel to two 4x4 posts. The type you show from Menards would work with one post. Is it electric? The suncaster was plastic and lasted only a couple of years as the sun made the plastic brittle and it broke into pieces. I would recommend metal if in full sun. The posts also can double to hang nozzles and fittings, etc.

msaeger

Threads
It's not electric it does not say what it uses for the recoil. My guess is a spring.

So putting it in shade is a good idea then :)