Gator Mulching Blades for my Craftsman LT1000

jwalter042

Threads
Just received my Gator mulching blades in the mail can't wait to see the difference they make with the cut. I had to order these blades from a different website because Sears doesn't offer this style blade for my model lawn tractor which is btw (917.272121). I'll repost to let you all know if the juice is worth the squeeze in buying these blades after I cut my lawn.

Attachments

• image-3042196090.jpg
    image-3042196090.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 26

Parkmower

Threads
I along with many others use them. I only use them in the fall.
Let us know what you think.

jwalter042

Threads
Well I'll be using them mostly because my lawn is 3 acres of open grass and I'm hoping it reduces the grass clippings/work on the mower. Ideally I should have a zero turn and I'm keeping an eye open for a great deal. So one question can these blades be a benefit even if I don't have the mulching attachment that closes the deck I'll still be having the deck open blowing grass out

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just received my Gator mulching blades in the mail can't wait to see the difference they make with the cut. I had to order these blades from a different website because Sears doesn't offer this style blade for my model lawn tractor which is btw (917.272121). I'll repost to let you all know if the juice is worth the squeeze in buying these blades after I cut my lawn.

What type of grass are you cutting and who makes the gator blades you purchased?

jwalter042

Threads
I purchased them from AMC Parts store through amazon for $35 free shipping. The pic I just attached is my front yard, but all together about 3 acres of flat open ground. The grass is now getting very thick which I like. It started to rain today so I only did a short test on the new blades blades. Seems like it cuts the thick grass even at full speed yet still blows out same amount of grass. Luckily I picked up a pull behind lawn sweeper easy dump for $15 at an auction and this thing is like new I love how it works!

Attachments

• image-2775583418.jpg
    image-2775583418.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 23

jwalter042

Threads
Ps that pic of the grass was cut with my old blades and after I used the lawn sweeper

jwalter042

Threads
It's a Koehler 18.5 HP and I wouldn't put the plug in I'm not minding the clippings that blow out too much not that I have that lawn sweeper I have a strategic method how I cut the lawn lol so I only have to sweep up a few rows as possible

Parkmower

Threads
jwalter042 said:
deal. So one question can these blades be a benefit even if I don't have the mulching attachment that closes the deck I'll still be having the deck open blowing grass out

I use them on two different mowers in the fall. One with a mulch plug, one with open chute. They both have advantages.I mainly mulch leaves not grass and they do a better job chopping the leaves than regular blades.