HydroGear problems

LenPott

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere QuickTrac (239 total hours. residential use) which uses HydroGear hydraulic pumps. The unit started tracking erratically and the dealer told me it means a new pump: $800!! I took the unit out. It is a HydroGear BDP10A-303 but now I can't find anyone to service it. Can I tackle this myself? Where can I send it? Should I just put in a new unit ($350+)? The grass continues growing so I need to sort this out fast. Thanks, LenPott, Harrisburg, PA.

jrcs50x

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere QuickTrac (239 total hours. residential use) which uses HydroGear hydraulic pumps. The unit started tracking erratically and the dealer told me it means a new pump: $800!! I took the unit out. It is a HydroGear BDP10A-303 but now I can't find anyone to service it. Can I tackle this myself? Where can I send it? Should I just put in a new unit ($350+)? The grass continues growing so I need to sort this out fast. Thanks, LenPott, Harrisburg, PA.

Did you try to adjust the tracking adjustments on the control arms before taking the unit out? If the mower was just not tracking straight that might have fixed the problem. Also one of the arms that releases the hydro gear pumps so that the mower can be pushed by hand may have disengaged on its own.