Gr2110

squidrope

Forum Newbie
Threads
This thread seems like it hasn't been used in a bit... I want to change the front axle case oil. The instructions say to remove the left and right breather plugs. There is a diagram that shows where they should be too. Unfortunately I can't figure out where they are located. Nothing in those areas looks remotely like a vent plug.

Has anyone done this before or know what I should be looking for?

Thanks,
Squid

Racer X

Threads
i just picked up my kubota today had to put a new tranny in it they have nothing but problems with this particular tranny kubota supplied the tranny and it cost me 1500 dollars to change it good luck

Gee. My tranny has taken to leaking out of the HST fan shaft seal. Right at 200 hours and the thing is hemorrhaging oil. Usually when a component like this begins to leak it is a sign of major problems developing inside.

When I drained the oil and pulled the screen at the first service interval there was lots of silicone sealer in there. Clearly the person assembling the system over applied the sealer, and the squeeze out has polluted the system. So much for American made quality.

The dealer says that they have not seen any problems with the hydrostatic transmissions on these tractors. No service bulletins, and no relief to those who spent $8,000 on a mower.

It really gets me how Kubota won't stand behind their equipment. I have done nothing but mow lawn grass with this thing. Taken good care of it, changed the engine oil and other fluids and filters on schedule, always clean the chaff from the screens, and the only time this thing is outside is to work, otherwise it is in the shop, out of the weather.

So now I have a mower that has cost me $2,000 a year to own and it will cost me about $800 for a new HST. Sure, I can save the labor costs by doing the replacement myself, but my time is valuable to me and I have better things to do than tear down my mower to replace a defective part.

Ironwood

Forum Newbie
Threads
Purchasing my GR2100 is the biggest mistake I ever made. The transmission/rear axle was factory recalled and had to be replaced. It took two trips to get it right. Soon after that the factory issued another recall for the cables that control the 4 wheel drive. That has been installed but is again about to fail. The machine has less than 200 hours on it. There is a dealer in Tulsa that advertises "If it ain't orange, it's a lemon". Well my orange Kubota is the only lemon I have ever owned, and it truly was poorly engineered. The cable kit will solve your wheel engagement problems, but it is expensive unless you can get Kubota to pay for it.

Racer X

Threads
Purchasing my GR2100 is the biggest mistake I ever made. The transmission/rear axle was factory recalled and had to be replaced. It took two trips to get it right. Soon after that the factory issued another recall for the cables that control the 4 wheel drive. That has been installed but is again about to fail. The machine has less than 200 hours on it. There is a dealer in Tulsa that advertises "If it ain't orange, it's a lemon". Well my orange Kubota is the only lemon I have ever owned, and it truly was poorly engineered. The cable kit will solve your wheel engagement problems, but it is expensive unless you can get Kubota to pay for it.

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

So there was a recall on these things?

Never heard a word from Kubota or my dealer.

lugbolt

Threads
Holy thread resurrection Batman!

So there was a recall on these things?

Never heard a word from Kubota or my dealer.

The only "recall" had to do with the PTO clutch on very early GR2100, then later on the steering cables were updated. That bulletin expired a long time ago. Oh I forgot about the deal where they originally had bushings supporting the axles which would sometimes fail prematurely and take out the trans case. Very early units, and only the GR2000/GR2100. Not the GR__10 series.

A few of them were able to have the transmissions replaced. A lot of them never got done and then later on failed. They are weird and somewhat complex transmissions that cost a ton of money to fix. That is the only downfall of those mowers. Other than the transmission I absolutely love them aside from being a little slow. I've been into a few of them and you gotta seriously know your stuff to get one back together correctly and NOT leak or spew fluid out of them. Kinda labor intensive.