Gr2110

wosadczuk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have my GR2110 for just over a year. It replaced my 1974 Massey Ferguson 16 which had given me many good years of service since new. The GR2110 is an awesome machine that is powerfull and will go anywhere with its 4wd. Cut is among the best I have seen. I do all my own servicing and maintenance and don't have a problem with it since I have a mechanical background.

GR2110 WISH LIST
Kubota should add the following to make this machine even better:
- Lever to disengage 4wd when driving on pavement.
- Neutral to allow moving the machine a foot in the garage without having to start it.
- Hi/Lo gear to allow moving the machine to another location more quickly

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Nothing like Diesel engines for Torque... and the little 3 cylinder Kubota engine in that mower is smooth and nice.
The 4 wheel drive is oil coupled so you should not have the mechanical binding on pavement you can have with mechanical 4 wheel drive.
Nice steering on that lawn tractor too... :thumbsup:

I just LOVE Kubotas little & big ones ... :smile:KennyV

bob19

Threads
I have a GR2100 and have had problems with the rear transmission. I noticed the left rear wheel had a funny noise to it and when I made a left hand turn, it dug up the grass. I checked the transmission oil level and there was none showing on the dipstick. Went to Kubota dealer and asked them where I would put oil in. The salesman didn't know, went to the service department and found out that you have to take the dip stick out and pull the rubber lining out, buy a funnel and fill it that way.

The salesman said it needed 3.4 qts of UDT, so I bought a gallon. I went to put some in and thought I would just put in one quart, which I did. Then I found out it was FULL. I had to way to get oil back out unless I took the bottom suction pipe off and drained all of it. So, I went to Tractor Supply and bought a Siphon. It sounded simple to do. However, it did not pull much oil out and the dip stick still shows it is way too full, well over the maximum mark on the dip stick. I don't know if the problem is because oil will not flow through the siphon like gas or water will. So, I got oil all over everything and still have a problem. If I can't figure a way to get more oil out, I will have to just drain it.

I never thought that with a dip stick showing NO oil on it all, could be filled up with about a half quart.

I am open to any ideas.

Bob Oren

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oil does not siphon very good...
You can make a collection container using a skinny tube that fits into the dipstick opening, place the other end of the tube into a container through an air tight opening and make a second opening in the container to hook a regular shop vac ... I t will pull the oil up the tube and into the container instead of into your shop vac... I used this type of a system for a long time until I finally dedicated a vacuum pump to the job....
ONE word of CAUTION ... do not use a shop vac to pull gasoline or any other flammable vapor.... It will make a spectacular FIRE...

If you end up a little over full it should not cause you any problems... Check the level after the system is hot... :smile:KennyV
BTW welcome to the forum bob19...

cpellis

Forum Newbie
Threads
My father-in-law has a GR2100. The left rear tire was spinning in the grass and also would spin on concrete when making left turns. Called the dealer and they were very helpful. On these models, there are cables that connect to the front steering axle, and run to the rear and connect to the transmission. These cables cause the rear wheel to slow down, on the inside of a turn. His left cable was broken, thus not slowing down the left rear tire. The dealer replaced it and it works perfect. Look at the top of the front axle, and you can see where the cable is attached. It should be tight, with no slack in the cable. If there is slack, then it is broken inside of the cable housing.

bob19

Threads
My GR100 has been in for repair and I will call them on Monday to see if this was what the problem was. Due to other problems and being out of town, I was not able to get it in for repair as quick as I should have. I'll see if this is what they claim to have found out. Thanks.

bob19

Threads
I forgot to get back on this subject. But, my problem was the exact problem that cpellis wrote about. When they fixed the left side, they noticed that the right side was in bad shape, so I had them go ahead and fix it while I had the mower in the shop.

MPHIL55

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Kubota Gr2110 Service manual request............?

Does anyone have a copy of the service manual for the GR2100? I would be happy to pay for used/copy and all costs. I also have the parts manual to trade. Just cant pay retail price for new service manual. Please share yours if you have access to one. Thanks Mike

Weed Doctor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a GR2100 and have had problems with the rear transmission. I noticed the left rear wheel had a funny noise to it and when I made a left hand turn, it dug up the grass. I checked the transmission oil level and there was none showing on the dipstick. Went to Kubota dealer and asked them where I would put oil in. The salesman didn't know, went to the service department and found out that you have to take the dip stick out and pull the rubber lining out, buy a funnel and fill it that way.

The salesman said it needed 3.4 qts of UDT, so I bought a gallon. I went to put some in and thought I would just put in one quart, which I did. Then I found out it was FULL. I had to way to get oil back out unless I took the bottom suction pipe off and drained all of it. So, I went to Tractor Supply and bought a Siphon. It sounded simple to do. However, it did not pull much oil out and the dip stick still shows it is way too full, well over the maximum mark on the dip stick. I don't know if the problem is because oil will not flow through the siphon like gas or water will. So, I got oil all over everything and still have a problem. If I can't figure a way to get more oil out, I will have to just drain it.

I never thought that with a dip stick showing NO oil on it all, could be filled up with about a half quart.

I am open to any ideas.

Bob Oren

Had the same problems a cable is broke going to your wheels its not kicking out of four wheel drive there is and update for that you get it on your updated tranny ,and i just picked up my kubota today had to put a new tranny in it they have nothing but problems with this particular tranny kubota supplied the tranny and it cost me 1500 dollars to change it good luck

squidrope

Forum Newbie
Threads

I am open to any ideas.

Bob Oren

Pull the drain plug attached to the rear axle housing on the left hand side of the tractor.