Ferris Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
GREETINGS to all Ferris mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Ferris owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Ferris mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Ferris stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

sduncan000

Threads
Just Joined - Proud Ferris Owner

Got it last summer:
DSC03139.jpg
DSC03140.jpg
DSC03143.jpg

IS2000Z 52" / 25hp Kaw

UGLYTRUK

Threads
Re: Ferris Wannabe Owner -:)))

I'm gonna talk w the local dealer next week. He has a demo CAT diesel 72" with my name on it!

sduncan000

Threads

I'm gonna talk w the local dealer next week. He has a demo CAT diesel 72" with my name on it!

Congratulations! You are going to love it!

I would be interested in know how the CATs perform as compared to my Kawi.

UGLYTRUK

Threads
I'll call the dealer now, I was too busy to make it there today!

vapoppa

Forum Newbie
Threads
the cat is noiser heavier and gives off more heat-------- it's a way better engine in every other way, and i've had both the kaw. and the cat- try putting a 72" deck in gear at idle with the kaw----- no i didn't think so--- the torque also keeps the blade speed up----mase

UGLYTRUK

Threads
So is the Cat good. Your comment was a little confusing

Roybretton

Threads

I used to be the owner of a Ferris IS5000 diesel mower, a great machine, I can recommend Ferris mowers, I have owned several of them! I had the 61" deck on mine, the output is amazing especially with the unique suspension that Ferris fits on there ride on's. I hope you are able to buy one.

You can see the Ferris IS5000 here.

UGLYTRUK

Threads
I have a week spine, osteoporosis, and NEED the shock absorbers!

Roybretton

Threads
I have a week spine, osteoporosis, and NEED the shock absorbers!

The shock absorbers definitely make a difference, I have used other machines without them and it does help!