Grasshopper Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

mowin4dodge

Forum Newbie
Threads
been in business for 15 years. lawn care & snow removal. If we have another summer and winter like this last year in Illinois I doubt I will make it to year 16. Then the cost of diesel fuel etc and the low ballers makes things just that much worse. but I hope I can get and extend help to members here.

negcash

Forum Newbie
Threads
just found your site, think forums like this are great. I bought a new 722D in 2009 to use on our Christmas Tree farm in north east Ohio and have well over 1500 hours on it by now. Once you get on you just want to keep on going. I found your site while looking for an electric power fold actuator for the 61" deck, any help out there?

michics

Forum Newbie
Threads
This year is off to a early start for you. Everyone's mowing a full month early. How are the lowballers hurting you ?

Can you reduce overhead ? The lowballers have very little overhead, that's why they can do the jobs at a lower rate.

This is the way business works.

Steve_F

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1994 Grasshopper 725 that I bought in 1997. My son and I mow 20 acres in three locations weekly. Most of the ground is pretty rough. The machine has taken a lot, but I just recently replaced its original deck with a 2003 one in MUCH better shape. The old one was no longer a stable platform for the spindles and blades. I just read an article on your site where mowmow fabricated a replacement deck part for the same one that was so distorted and corroded on mine that I was motivated to replace the entire deck. Oh, well, my route was easier, although more expensive.

Steve

Threads
I have a 1994 Grasshopper 725 that I bought in 1997. My son and I mow 20 acres in three locations weekly. Most of the ground is pretty rough. The machine has taken a lot, but I just recently replaced its original deck with a 2003 one in MUCH better shape. The old one was no longer a stable platform for the spindles and blades. I just read an article on your site where mowmow fabricated a replacement deck part for the same one that was so distorted and corroded on mine that I was motivated to replace the entire deck. Oh, well, my route was easier, although more expensive.

Steve

:welcome: to LMF, you have a good mower!

NoNotOne

Forum Newbie
Threads
Very informative forum. Thanks to those who maintain LMF. My first ZTR (hopefully long lasting) is a Grasshopper 325D w/61" deck. Grammar air ride seat, halogen headlights, bar tires, powervac collection system. I truly enjoy the diesel performance and fuel squeezing performance. I find the OEM parts/filters best for my maintenance program and Rotella T6 synthetic oil.

Threads
Very informative forum. Thanks to those who maintain LMF. My first ZTR (hopefully long lasting) is a Grasshopper 325D w/61" deck. Grammar air ride seat, halogen headlights, bar tires, powervac collection system. I truly enjoy the diesel performance and fuel squeezing performance. I find the OEM parts/filters best for my maintenance program and Rotella T6 synthetic oil.

:welcome: to LMF! :smile: Could you post some more pics of your ZTR? I would love to see them....it looks like an awesome mower! :thumbsup:

A

AmericanTurf

Hello all, I found this app on my iPhone. So far I like, but can't seem to save pictures I tried to upload.
I been cutting lawns for ten years. On January 1 2012 I started my first LLC.
My favorite thing about it all is my brand spanking new 2012 model 725D GRASSHOPPER with vac. Hostely I would not have gone into business without it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 47
Threads
Hello all, I found this app on my iPhone. So far I like, but can't seem to save pictures I tried to upload.
I been cutting lawns for ten years. On January 1 2012 I started my first LLC.
My favorite thing about it all is my brand spanking new 2012 model 725D GRASSHOPPER with vac. Hostely I would not have gone into business without it.

WELCOME TO LMF!
That is a REALLY nice mower!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I rotated your picture so people don't have to tilt their heads to see it! :wink:
grasshopper.jpg
I hope to hear what you have to say on many interesting topics here on LawnMowerForum!
:welcome:

173abn

Threads
nice machine AmericanTurf,is that lever that sticks up the way you adjust deck height?Looks like how my older 928d works as far as adjusting deck height.whats the black bar on the front of the deck for? by the way welcome to lmf...russ