Grasshopper Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

BWH

Threads
Your going to enjoy your 725DT6 I'm starting my 3rd season with mine, this is my 4th Grasshopper (80,92,02,14) each update was improved over the previous model. My 725DT6 came with a Grammar suspension seat, with a bad back like mine I love that as much as my Grasshopper. The torque of these diesels are incredible, especially noticeable when the lawn gets away from a guy during the spring rainy season it just eats through like a normal day. Enjoy!

Ozark5179

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bob: AMEN! I've had a GHopper 223 mid-mount for 8 years on my slope-y 3 acres. LOVE IT ... now that I'm really old :laughing: I've been shopping for a 900 series front mount diesel on Craigs list for over a year.

Just bought a used 929D front mount Kubota diesel yesterday for $5,000 with a massive 71" power lift deck from an 80 year old man about 90 miles away with only 1100 hours! I'm IN LOVE! I hear ya' man!
I just took delivery of my "new" 928D today! It's solid! Will be replacing the rear tires, adding a shade canopy, replacing with LED headlamps.

Any other MAN-BLING things you guys can think I should be adding to my "new' 928D with 71" deck??? SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED AND ENCOURAGED! :laughing::wink::smile::biggrin:

Bavent

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings or Bonjour from France. We look after a Chateau and 17acres in Normandy France and have inherited a 1994 Grasshopper 721D along with all the problems a badly maintained mower brings. Each year we have to deal with another set of problems, (mainly because the Chateau owner has deep pockets and short arms to actually buy a new machine) so we solider on the best we can with the added problems living in France brings ie. customer service (ha, whats that!) and the impossibility of getting parts here. The latest issues have been the cutting bed over heating and failing! We managed to get a reconditioned CCW gear box from our one and only Grasshopper rep in France (at double the cost of in the USA) but have yet to try it our due to the 'monsoon' season arriving... One thing I need a thought or two on is the alinement of the three cutting blades, which is the best configuration for the blades in mulching mode.... Thanks for now PB in Normandy

tew45

Threads
Welcome, new member! I'm sure the forum will be a benefit to you with your 721D. What deck do you have are how many hours on the meter? I have a small vineyard in North Texas and also use a 721D with a 61 in deck. I'm not sure about what you mean by blade alignment but any curved portion fits upward.

Huserfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
GASSHOPPER since ‘96. since 2011 a 725D, 61 inch powerfold deck, power 16 FM catcher, 48 snow thrower with electric chute and lift, snow cab stays on year around. Had the doors fitted with mesh and zip up clear vinyl for ventilation and added RV style 12 volt fan, rear back up camera and power outlet for phone. It is a beastly heavy so I have the dual rear tandem wheels and Mains are 22 inch Kendrick turfs. 450 hours. Only problem I’ve had is an alternator, replaced last year.

krb1945

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have two grasshopper zero radius mowers... a 922D yr 2008 and a 930D yr 2012 front lift deck. I've had many mowers during my nearly 3/4 of a century on earth. I cannot sing the praises of these two diesels enough. I only use them for my lawns, one in FL 3.4 acres and one in S. GA 3.5 acres. Great thing about grasshoppers is it doesn't take all day to doing the mowing. I have time for to do other honeydo's.

If you need a reliable mower and want one of the best, you can't go wrong buying one. :thumbsup: //ken

Renchy

Threads
I have two grasshopper zero radius mowers... a 922D yr 2008 and a 930D yr 2012 front lift deck. I've had many mowers during my nearly 3/4 of a century on earth. I cannot sing the praises of these two diesels enough. I only use them for my lawns, one in FL 3.4 acres and one in S. GA 3.5 acres. Great thing about grasshoppers is it doesn't take all day to doing the mowing. I have time for to do other honeydo's.

If you need a reliable mower and want one of the best, you can't go wrong buying one. ? //ken
Wow to all of my fellow members great to meet you all from around the world. Names Rench been a member about a year bought my used 2003 725g2 GH w/732hrs, Kubota gas & 52" deck from school district auction. She's worn but still strong just needs TLC and alot of learning on my part as dealerships are 200+ mile away. Not as bad as France (sorry guys). Walkers are fine but have you ever seen one mowing a pasture that horses, cows graze on with all of the ruts, gopher hole/mounds that abound on 21/2 acres? I haven't.

DennisH

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just joined this forum in hopes of gaining more info on Grasshopper repairs. I currently own 3 Grasshoppers, a 2018 727K EFI, 2010 727K, and a 2005 618. I have owned around 8 grasshoppers in my life and believe they are the best going. I have 11 acres and mow about 3-4 regularly with my zero turns.

Ironheadvette

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. - Just bought a 1999 725 gas Grasshopper from a good friend. My wife can’’t remember grasshopper, and keeps calling it a Cricket - so we have a name for it..
I like the Kubota engine. And the. Way it mows. (please forgive the extra periods…. I don’t know what. Is going on with my keyboard)

I wanted. This mower due. To low hours. (800) - but I really miss the. Power. Lift feature. For the deck.
If anyone has. Any ideas On easier. Ways to raise the deck - I’m all ears. I used my. Three floor. Jacks
to. Sharpen the blades yesterday.
There is a Brace that goes behind the deck but i don’t see how that will help.