Scag Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Dwellonroof

Threads
New here, I'm Martin from east of Cincinnati and am a new used Scag TT owner she's a Cat diesel with around 340 hours and a 2015 model year I'm thinking.
I did have another 20-25 year old TT that was used to mow ballfields with a lot of hours on it and needed the Kohler engine replaced or rebuilt but it did run but had to rotate replacing the spark plugs eash mow.
That being said I noticed a slight oil leak at either a bolt or plug which I'm afraid to remove not knowing if it connects to the camshaft or something else inside.
It anyone here can help I would be grateful.
IMG_1112_LI.jpgIMG_1110_LI.jpg

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
New here, I'm Martin from east of Cincinnati and am a new used Scag TT owner she's a Cat diesel with around 340 hours and a 2015 model year I'm thinking.
I did have another 20-25 year old TT that was used to mow ballfields with a lot of hours on it and needed the Kohler engine replaced or rebuilt but it did run but had to rotate replacing the spark plugs eash mow.
That being said I noticed a slight oil leak at either a bolt or plug which I'm afraid to remove not knowing if it connects to the camshaft or something else inside.
It anyone here can help I would be grateful.
View attachment 37251View attachment 37252
I suggest that you create a separate thread requesting help with this issue. I don't think that many of the forum members who routinely answer such questions will see it here.

Nkytt2

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the forum and new to scag. Just bought a new house with about 6 acres to mow. We are planning on this being our forever home, so I bought my forever mower to help minimize my mowing time. I went with the TT2 with the 37 efi. I only mowed the yard twice this year and loved it. Third time out the blades just stopped, the belt had popped off. I checked the manual, not much help. I put the belt back on a few times and every time it came off when the pto was engaged. I looked a little harder and most of the bolts holding the gear box had fallen out and the gear box was lose. Mower only has 5 hours on it. I called my dealer and he is picking it up tomorrow. A little frustrated, spent a lot of $ for the" best", and now my yard is turning into a hayfield while I wait for repairs.

Luffydog

Threads
Welcome aboard neighbor in the blue grass. Had one new that didn't have any oil it from factory while mowing before an hr was on meter the gearbox locked up tight. Fixed it fairly quickly and went over the rest of the unit to look for damage it might have caused. Just the belt was the only other thing that had damage to it. It was all covered. But like you said wouldn't except something like that to happen but we all are human and make mistakes and those mistakes makes bed experiences for and leaves a bad taste in mouths that last awhile. Again welcome aboard Bg neighbor.

drew7811

Threads
New to the forum and new to scag. Just bought a new house with about 6 acres to mow. We are planning on this being our forever home, so I bought my forever mower to help minimize my mowing time. I went with the TT2 with the 37 efi. I only mowed the yard twice this year and loved it. Third time out the blades just stopped, the belt had popped off. I checked the manual, not much help. I put the belt back on a few times and every time it came off when the pto was engaged. I looked a little harder and most of the bolts holding the gear box had fallen out and the gear box was lose. Mower only has 5 hours on it. I called my dealer and he is picking it up tomorrow. A little frustrated, spent a lot of $ for the" best", and now my yard is turning into a hayfield while I wait for repairs.

Welcome to the forum NKYTT2. Are you in northern KY? I am also an NKY resident in southern Boone county. I bought a TT with the 35hp Briggs new 5 going on 6yrs ago and have loved it. Sorry to hear about your troubles. That's very odd and disappointing it happened on a brand new machine. Hopefully it was just a one off occurrence and you have trouble free mowing once you get it back.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome aboard neighbor in the blue grass. Had one new that didn't have any oil it from factory while mowing before an hr was on meter the gearbox locked up tight. Fixed it fairly quickly and went over the rest of the unit to look for damage it might have caused. Just the belt was the only other thing that had damage to it. It was all covered. But like you said wouldn't except something like that to happen but we all are human and make mistakes and those mistakes makes bed experiences for and leaves a bad taste in mouths that last awhile. Again welcome aboard Bg neighbor.

You got the best. That is just a fluke.

jer_d

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I'm Jerry and new to the forum. I live on a small farm in western N.C. and have been using a 14 year old Kubota B7510 to mow with. Having a small compact tractor is convenient for more than just mowing but thought it was time for an upgrade. After much research, and finally just talking to a student of mine whose family was in the mowing business, I settled on a Scag Tiger Cat 2 and am very please that I did. I, along with my neighbor's help, mow about 6 acres that used to be pasture, but now looks kind of like a golf course. The Scag uses more fuel than the Kubota diesel did but we're making up for it on reduced time spent mowing.

tommygun715

Forum Newbie
Threads
New Tiger Cat 2 owner here, from WI. I replaced a Gravely Pro Turn 52" with a TC2 52" Kawasaki, late last year. I was looking for the best, cleanest, level cut, which is why I went with the Scag. I found this forum because I'm trying to fine tune my deck. I don't think it's cutting up to it's full potential. Glad to be here!IMG_20171022_133310.jpg

Arthur Dent

Threads
Hello all.
We live in southern Illinois and mow about 5 acres. This usually takes the two of us most of the weekend with our old standard riders. Until now that is. Saturday we took delivery of a Scag Patriot, and I mowed the whole thing that afternoon.
I hope to add a DIY canopy and some lights for evening use. Looking forward to participating in this great forum.
AD

Stiggers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I have a Scag Freedom Z 52” cut I bought new in 2008, so it’s either a 07 or 08 model. It hasn’t given me any trouble and I am very pleased with the mower. Today though I tried to use it & was disappointed to find that it will crank and start for just a second, then die. I made sure it’s getting gas to the carburetor & it is getting spark. Does anyone have a thought where to start Troubleshooting on this.

Thanks