Scag Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

jetech

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings all. I am a first time owner of a new Liberty Z 48. We have a bit over an acre to mow here. We moved up from a JD rider that had a severly rusted out mower deck so it was time to get something better and the JD was soo slow and a pain to maneuver. This Liberty is blazing fast by comparison. Very happy with it soo far, only used it once for a full cut.

So what does everyone use for blades? I will probably keep it as a side discharge. Is it worth going to a high lift or Gator style blade?

Tim

rs1

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello my name is rob I have a scag freedom z and it wont start at first It sounded like a dead battery but I charged it for three days, then I replaced the starter now when I turn the key I hear nothing at all

tom_t

Threads
I own a SFZ52. Bought it new. This is the fourth season I've had it. Mow about 1.5 acres. Do all the maintenance myself. Machine has only about 160 hours so far. Hourmeter has failed (I have a post elsewhere on this forum about it. Am responding to recommendations made by forum members). Live in SW MO. Looking forward to meeting other members and learning more about my machine as time goes on. Do not yet have a pic to post, but will eventually get it done.

mboat27

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Scag mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Scag owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Scag mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Scag stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Hi.... I'm Michael from NC. I have a little under 2 acres and I've had my Freedom Z 52 for 4 years. This really saves time from the tractor mower that I was using. I also have a question. I thought the battery would be located under the seat, but do not see it. I haven't had any problems so far, but I figure this year I might need to put a trickle charger to the battery for the winter. Thanks...

Threads
Hi guys and gals I am the owner of Koehn's Lawn Service. Have been in business for 32 years now. I am primarily a walker guy have 5 walkers. But I did add a brand new 32 inch scag walk behind to fleet for next season. I ran a snapper 36 walk behind years ago when they didn't have the safety levers and things on them so you had better hang on because there was no stopping them if they got away from you lol. I am excited about the 32 scag I think it is one heavy built solid machine looking forward to using it on our gated yards next season. I run a 36 inch walker that will get through most of our gates but I always have to unload everything to get to it so I think the scag gonna be quicker and easier in the long run. I will still use the 36 in spring and fall for leaves and heavy growing season. Than I will use the scag in heat of summer through the summer for mulching only. Sorry no pics I don't know how to post pics yet.

tdipaul

Threads

Hello everyone my name is Paul and I am an OPE enthusiast with 2 acres of property to maintain. I've been mowing since I was 12 (now 49) and love every minute of it. I like all things OPE :)

Always wanted a Scag and now that I finally picked one up I have started a new thread about it. Its an older belt drive 61" SW that needs some TLC. Cant wait to mow with it this year.

Cheers!

TheVirginian

Threads
Hey folks. Dave, in Virginia here. I want to brag on my scag but only time will tell....lol. Traded a 13hp, honda powered 4300psi 4.0GPM pressure washer and a Beckett HoT Water addon box (also 4300psi, 4.0gpm, 30A, diesel fired) and all the accessories I'd purchased with/for them (24' extendable wand, extra hoses, hot water hoses, etc), for a Scag STT61A-27KA Turf Tiger. Obviously a 61" cut and 27hp Kawasaki. It was WELL used, and dude straight up LIED about anything wrong with it. My stuff, was BRAND NEW equipment but valued around 3000-3400 (I paid 3800 for ALL i listed and it had less than 3.5hrs on it......). The TT's OBVIOUS issues, were a missing roller guide wheel on front of deck and that he said sometimes the ignition key took a couple tries to start. I drove it around his yard, cut a few swaths, it seemed FINE, so i believed his sorry self..... I've done nothing but throw $$ and parts at this thing trying to work out whatever the electrical demon is in it. I've not cut my grass a COMPLETE time yet. Only in shifts, after replacing this or that, or charging the battery. Scag1.jpgScag2.jpg

qrtrhrs

Threads
Hello all. Been awhile since I have been on this forum. I bought my 61" TT2 with the 35hp Briggs January, 2018. I only mow four acres, mostly in horse pasture so I wanted the maximum heighth cut I could find in a zero turn. I only have 80 hours on the machine so far with no issues and at age 68, this mower will be the last one that I ever need to purchase.

jbrianfoto

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Scag Owner Check-In --- Jeromie in Fredericksburg, VA

Greetings all -

I have an old Scag walk behind, no idea exactly how old it is but it keeps me busy trying to keep it running. Model number is SW48-17KA I have about 1-1/2 clear acres to mow, but most of it, my back yard, is on a fairly steep slant. That made a rider unsafe. I love my 48" 3-blade deck.

Pleasure meeting all of you !

caiman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. My name is Alberto, I am from Monterrey Mexico and have had a Scag Turf Tiger for 11 years. I hope I will be able to help other members and write helpful comments on the forum. Have a great day everyone!!!