Scag Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

grewterd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I'm Scott. In Tennessee, go VOLS!

Just purchased a Tiger Cat II 42" with Kawasaki engine, upgraded to the suspension seat and mulch system. Only mowed once (the day I got her delivered), but coming from a 15 year old Murray 40", wow, what a difference. This is my first ZTR and even with learning how to drive and stopping to talk to my father in law, I still got done in about half the time. I don't have a big yard (every one is asking how big my yard is when I show them my new toy) but I have many obstacles and the comfortable seat helps with my back. Can't wait for Friday to mow!

Scag TC2 day 0.jpg
Scag TC2 day 1.jpg

jared1215

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just checking in as a new SCAG, first ZTR mower, owner. Recently purchased a new Tiger Cat II 48" for home use.
Mowing behind a Honda self propelled in South MS heat/humidity simply got old.
Thanks in advance for those who share your experience and knowledge on this forum.

grewterd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just checking in as a new SCAG, first ZTR mower, owner. Recently purchased a new Tiger Cat II 48" for home use.
Mowing behind a Honda self propelled in South MS heat/humidity simply got old.
Thanks in advance for those who share your experience and knowledge on this forum.

Welcome to the club! Hailing from Columbus, MS originally but did some time in Hazlehurst, Brandon, Greenville, Tupelo, up in Knoxville, TN now. Good choice on the mower, you'll love the TC2, this was my first ZTR also. I love it.

Tinstafl

Forum Newbie
Threads
New Member and fairly new Turf Tiger 2 owner. I had an exmark for the last ten years. Like my scag but sometimes wish it had a bit more power. That is ok though for those times I just pull the batwing I guess. The cut is great and it is much more stable then the exmark. I have lots of hills that I have to mow.

SHVLHEAD

Forum Newbie
Threads
New member checking in. Currently only own 1 Scag WB...SWZ48. A 20 year old machine that wasnt pleasing to look at when i first purchased her a year ago, but she cleaned up nice and the Kawasaki FC420 still has a lot of life left in her. The previous owner stored the unit outside in the elements so the deck is showing some rust and eventually i would like to get around to refinishing this portion. Anyway...looking forward to the forum.

Stone

srw101

Threads
Hello all new member here, glad to meet you all. I mow roughly 3 acres and have owned my 48" tiger cub with the 21 hp kawi motor for 12 yrs mostly trouble free. You'll likely see me drop by time to time to ask questions and I try to be thorough before I post but sometimes I get in a hurry.
See ya all around:smile:

tigercat

Threads
Hello all new member here, glad to meet you all. I mow roughly 3 acres and have owned my 48" tiger cub with the 21 hp kawi motor for 12 yrs mostly trouble free. You'll likely see me drop by time to time to ask questions and I try to be thorough before I post but sometimes I get in a hurry.
See ya all around:smile:

Hello welcome aboard!

skm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, to all my fellow Scag owners! My name is Sam, and I am on my third Scag. Started with the old Kohler powered three wheeler. Then moved up to a Kohler powered 61 inch Turf Tiger. In 2010 I purchased a 61 inch Turf Tiger, powered by a Briggs 35 h.p. engine. Never wore out any of the machines. My son still uses my last one. I'm not a commercial mower. Have been mowing about 8 acres , and these machines leave me time to do things I enjoy.

I've been less than happy with my Briggs. I spent most of last evening reading the Scag forums and am very familiar with most of the problems mentioned. My gasoline gage fell apart. That's when I discovered that the fuel pump was not self priming. After having the pump replaced three times, I gave up and installed an outboard motor primer in the fuel line. Problem solved!

Presently, I am having the blown fuse problem. Don't really know where to start, but I AM asking for assistance. Fuse holders were mentioned as correcting the problem in several cases. Replaced the fuse holders today. No luck! By the way, the problem is PTO related. First fuse blew and the blade stopped. Did not have a 20A fuse so I put in a 30A, knowing that is not proper. Mowed for about 2.5 hours before second fuse blew. This killed the mower. Replaced second fuse and drove mower to the shop. Indications that I have observed: 1. When PTO is engaged, ammeter drops to full discharge; then returns to about -5A. With the clutch unplugged, PTO switch energized, ammeter remains at zero. 2. PTO off, engine running, battery reads about 14.5VDC (no AC). PTO engaged, battery reads about 11.5VDC. 3. With clutch unplugged, PTO off or on, ohm meter read infinity to ground. Clutch resistance is approximately 2.6 ohm. 4. 12VDC across a 2.6 ohm coil (according to Ohm's law) should draw about 4.6 amps . Where is the rest of the current going? Last, but not least. The is no continuity to ground from the clutch side of the plug with it disconnected. Sorry I was so long winded, but knew no other way to cover it all. Thanks for your patience.

rogrrr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, ALL. My name is Roger and my nick is ROGRRR.
I've been mowing with a 60" Hustler Z. I told my brother he must get a ZTM.
He found and just bought the 61" Tiger Cub in a state of disrepair. Coincidentally, he found a Husqvarna a day later. Turns out the Husq was running so he sold the SCAG to me and I'm trying to get it running so I can sell it this coming spring. (can you $ay making a few buck$ profit). It needs 3 of the sheet metal pulleys, belts and ignition switch. Also, the engine doesn't run so I have to make that work. Right now I can't even get it to crank but didn't realize that there are numerous safety switches which I obviously haven't checked and made sure they are closed.
I'll post further in a new thread.

Bilgepump

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK, I'll be the first to reply. Hi, I am Bill and I own a 2003 Tiger Cub that I purchased on Ebay a few years ago. My Cub has performed well except this year it started to burn very rich emitting black smoke with varying rpm and eventually no power. I rebuilt the carb twice with no change. I happened to be at a dealer looking at Bob Cats and told the owner my problem. He said it was a dirty air filter and I said "no-can't be, it's clean." I added my hours over the last three years and it totaled 100 which is the point he said you must change the air filter. I went home and replace my air filter-well, I was wrong and he was very correct in his evaluation. My Cub runs wonderful now. Now, it's your turn to reply........

Hello Bill, I know your post is old, but still , always pertinent. I also had the same issue and changing the air filter cured it. I have a 2006 Scag Tiger Cub that I bought used a few years ago. It has been a great machine.