Troy-Bilt Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Delicreep

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey All, Bob from Groton, NY. Own a 2013 42" Speed Pony

pokienoze

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. I have a 2011 Troy-Bilt Horse XP 13WX79KT011 I bought used. The PTO will not engage. I broke the cable trying to engage it so that has been replaced. What could be causing it? Nothing moves to tighten the belt.

rickpaulos

Threads
Hello. I have a 2011 Troy-Bilt Horse XP 13WX79KT011 I bought used. The PTO will not engage. I broke the cable trying to engage it so that has been replaced. What could be causing it? Nothing moves to tighten the belt.

I had similar behavior on my Cub Cadet. The belt tension-er pivot wasn't greased regularly (my neglect) so the pivot got stuck. On the Cub Cadet, there is a grease zirk that is pretty hard to get to but now that I know, I grease it annually. The first time it stuck, I had to remove it for a good cleaning. On the Cub, the pto doesn't use a cable, it uses linkage rod(s) but the linkage is spring loaded so you can move the pto lever while the belt tension-er pivot is stuck.

rick

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

The cable should go to a hole in a tensioning arm with a pulley on it.
If that arm does not swing when the PTO is engaged then undo the bolt that holds the arm in.
Usually there is a collar to prevent the the bolt pinching the arm preventing it from swinging or on cheaper models the bolt has a shoulder on it .
When people change the pulleys they forget to take photos and to keep all the bits that go together, together.
Thus things like shouldered bolts or collars end up in the wrong place and of course the tension arm does not swing as it should.

If you are standing on top of the deck facing forward the moving pulley is on the slack side of the engine pulley.
Engines rotate clockwise so the engine pulls on the left and any slack will be on the right .
Tensioning pulleys should always be on the slack side.

slharman1

Threads
Hi Guys,
I just bought my 2014 (used) Mustang XP 42 #17ARCACS011 so far I love it but I think the breather on the Kohler KT725 is stuck or gasket blown - I'll get there with it but any suggestions for oil seepage would be appreciated.
Enjoy all.

Flaken

Forum Newbie
Threads
First post here.
Do have to say that from what I've seen so far, this is quite the irritating site. First off, I and I can quite imagine many others, find that idiotic huge green box demanding that you sign up extremely irritating. I like to read the different threads and if I see someone that needs some help, I'll sign in to post. Otherwise, I go back to the main page of the forum and that huge green box pops up demanding I sign up. Even checking "Cancel and Close" doesn't work. Just get rid of it.

Second, I thought it would be a little bit more organized if you were to separate out the various items that Troy-Bilt makes. Perhaps one section for riders, another for push mowers and so on. That way one could much more easily find a particular item. Scrolling thru many many threads to find one for my mower is tiring.

Third, the specific rules for this forum need to be explained. Perhaps this could be done with a sticky at the top of the forum page. Things like if you only allow comments that mandate the purchase of Troy-Bilt parts, manuals and Troy-Bilt repair procedures. Or you will delete comments that involve removing safety switches. Things of what you will and won't allow on the forum. That should always be posted in a prominent place for easy reference.

Fourth, absolutely asinine that I can't post links until I reach 5 posts. This also applies if you are quoting someone else. Like if you quote the original post on this thread, it has a hidden URL in it and anything you write after gets kicked out because of that link. That is really irritating.

That said, I have been a Troy-Bilt owner for a number of different push mowers and other misc. over a few decades. My current mower is a Troy-Bilt TB 450 XP. Overall it is a great mower but there are certain problems with it. The drive cable stretching too much, too quickly is a major pet peeve. I mow just under an acre once a week year round.

okfine

Threads
Hello, I just bought a old troy bilt horse 2 tiller I think, It has a Garden Way and Th- 1019 and 12726779 stamped on the handle bars near the bottom of them. Also I have a serial number of 444041. I found some info about the serial number that it was built in Jan 1980, Can anyone verify that by the serial number?. It had been sitting a long time, I had a 6 hp greyhound engine in my shed and just replaced the engine, I think it was a Tecumseh. My issue is rotten wheels, I managed to get air in one but had to buy a new tire for other about twice as much for the tire than what I paid for the tiller. So the adventure begins.

tguidry

Forum Newbie
Threads
13wqa2kq011 super bronco 50 (2015) riding mower

I am having an issue where the blades will not engage. They will engage in the reverse position and push the yellow triangle button to on.
I have replaced the switch but that did not fix the problem. Thank you for any suggestions offered.

Bong A Mous

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had a craftsman 30" rider for 5.5 years without any problems. I believe this machine is a troy bilt. Just purchased a 42 zero turn. Hope I have good luck with this one too. Paid $2200 for a 22hp model, but received the smaller engine (seems good enough).

fgazdzicki

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello my Name is Frank, I have a Super Bronco riding Mower and I'm hoping to get some Help with.Thanks for excepting me in your forum .