Troy-Bilt Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Bong A Mous

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had a craftsman 30" rider for 5.5 years without any problems. I believe this machine is a troy bilt. Just purchased a 42 zero turn. Hope I have good luck with this one too. Paid $2200 for a 22hp model, but received the smaller engine (seems good enough).

Enjoying this mower more than ever. Especially good for older people with arthritic hands. Much easier than a steering wheel.

BillsToys

Forum Newbie
Threads
Troybilt Tiller Intrests- Re: Troy-Bilt Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

My name is Bill, hence the user name “BillsToys” and my primar interest at this time is Troybilt tillers, which I have three of at this time 1 for the Wife, 1 for the 2nd born and 1 is mine, all the horse models. None of my tillers have names, except for when they give me problems, and then the names I call them are those words I’ve agreed not to use under “user agreement terms and conditions”.

With that said, I’m interested in most topics on running, maintaining, repairing and parts replacement.

FIRST ISSUE - I’m having issues with the ignition switches and want to hear from anyone who knows where to purchase inexpensive replacement parts (less than $20), or better yet, work around using other switches. Look forward to exchanging thoughts, ideas, frustrations and acceptable “pet” names w/ the group.
GREETINGS to all Troy-Bilt owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower or tiller (that is, if your mower or tiller have names :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Troy-Bilt owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Troy-Bilt mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Troy-Bilt stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

raider820

Threads
Hello, I am raider. I have a Troybilt Pony 42". I also do some work on mowers for people at church and other friends. Glad to join the forum.

tractordave2900

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just joined. Yes, I own a Troy Bilt tiller

I purchased it brand-new in 1983. I ordered it through an ad in Mother Earth News magazine.
It's a Horse model with the Briggs engine, manual start with front bumper. I also get the 'hiller' attachment.
I had a choice of the Briggs & Techum.... engine. I chose Briggs.
It still starts on one pull of the rope & I've gone through dozens of sets of tines.
I've done repairs & most of the stickers are gone, but I recently repainted it 'Troybilt Red' and repaired the hood.
It really looks pretty god for it's age.
My gardens have been between 7000 sq ft to 1500 sq ft and I've chopped up a lot of dirt.
It's a work-horse & I love it.
I went & looked at the new tillers. Nope.
Parts are difficult to find since Troy Bilt folded (bought out & virtually gone), but I find parts on Ebay as needed.
I'll figure out pics later.
I'm sitting here, listening to an old record on the turntable & enjoying a beer after working outside all day.

Tiecode

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, all I am Tiecode own a Troy-Bilt 12av5560711 6.5 HP self-propelled.

bodean

Threads
Hello from Alabama. My user name is bodean. I just bought a used Troy-bilt rear tine tiller. It appears to be an older Horse tiller. Serial number is 600656. It runs, but worm gear is shot. I have not gotten the chance to open up the drive case yet. Do anyone here know a good source for parts and a repair manual?

magilla12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all, I’m Gerald from Oklahoma. I’ve had a pony I bought new in the 80’s and now I found a nice late 90’s horse. Love my Troy-bilts.

jcall

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’m John from Georgia and I’d like to thank you for this forum. I have a 13au609h063 with a 20 hp Briggs v-twin.