Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

daigle2146

Forum Newbie
Threads
It has a 31hp Kawasaki engine.

churchill

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!
GREETINGS to all Gravely & Ariens mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Gravely/Ariens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Gravely/Ariens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Gravely/Ariens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Hello All: Just bought a new Gravely ZT HD 48 a couple months ago for my 1 acre property in Idaho. It's an incredible machine and am glad I chose it over the nearest equivalent models of JD, Hustler, and Husqvarna. I read posts on this and other forums when I started researching ZTR mowers last fall, and like knowing what others are experiencing with their machines. I've always been a DIY maintenance guy but with limitations on how much work I want to put into the complex repairs/replacements. I like supporting my local dealers over the box stores because you can gain way more knowledge of machinery intricacies by talking to the dealer and technicians about each machine's problem tendencies. The box store folks are nice but not always knowledgable about the product they sell, and for sure are not going to give you any type of service down the road. Same can also be said for dealers too, so it pays to research them too. I hope to be able to share my experience with others and offer what I can for help.

"If your income equals your outgo, your upkeep will be your downfall." -- The first law of maintenance...

Boxkicker3rd

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Gravely & Ariens mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Gravely/Ariens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Gravely/Ariens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Gravely/Ariens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Hello, this is first time posting so please bear with me. I have a Gravely 260Z. I need to change hydraulic oil and the manual only says to drain the reservoir. I get only about a quart from the reservoir and system should hold up to 5 quarts. Have any of you completely drained system and if so, HOW. Thanks for any suggestions.

dotcalc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Craig here from Tellico Village Tennessee (Loudon). I have an Icon X 52 with a powered bagger. Its a very nice unit. Glad to be here.

CountryKid

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and am looking to get information on an upcoming purchase. I currently own a home with about 1 acre and have a country lot (6 acres) that I intend to build on in the future. I currently maintain the lot with a 60" swisher pull behind finishing mower. I currently only maintain about 2 of the 6 acres but intend on maintaining all 6. I have an opportunity to purchase an additional 10 acres of land as well. I am currently interested in the Gravely Proturn 472 with the Yamaha 33hp EFI. What are your thoughts on the 472? Is it necessary to get the extra 12" of cut over the Proturn 460? Will I lose cutting speed with the extra width? Any of you that currently own a 460 or 472... how many acres an hour can you effectively cut if there are no or minimal obstructions? Thank you all in advance.

DandSLawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I am a new Gravely owner (it is actually my first ZTR). With the problems I'm having, it may not last long. I live in the Denver metro area. I'll see if I have some pictures to post.

Threads
Wow... 9 years strong, this forum! So glad to have found this board.

I've recently acquired a 2015 ZT34 at a price that I won't brag about. Much. :laughing:

Anyway, just wanted to say howdy and I'm looking forward to learning from you all.

-Brian

Plumberroy

Threads
I have had Gravely walk behinds most of my life . In July of 2008 my job went away via factory closing . 3 weeks before that my 1962 Gravely LI engine died . so I had been Gravelyless for over ten years at the May I was given a Gravely Professional 12 walk behind I found a 40 inch kidney deck the first of this month . So I am back to mowing with a gravely again :cloud9::thumbsup:
awzPgbp.jpg

By the way its name is Esher means Blessed in Hebrew

PVHIII

Threads
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and am looking to get information on an upcoming purchase. I currently own a home with about 1 acre and have a country lot (6 acres) that I intend to build on in the future. I currently maintain the lot with a 60" swisher pull behind finishing mower. I currently only maintain about 2 of the 6 acres but intend on maintaining all 6. I have an opportunity to purchase an additional 10 acres of land as well. I am currently interested in the Gravely Proturn 472 with the Yamaha 33hp EFI. What are your thoughts on the 472? Is it necessary to get the extra 12" of cut over the Proturn 460? Will I lose cutting speed with the extra width? Any of you that currently own a 460 or 472... how many acres an hour can you effectively cut if there are no or minimal obstructions? Thank you all in advance.

I have the 460 with the Yamaha 33 EFI and I don't have nothing but praise for it...about 146hrs no oil use and outperforms the Kawasaki 35 and Briggs 37hp EFI. The icing on the cake is it does so while sipping fuel..I mow about 8-9 acres weekly.

CountryKid

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the 460 with the Yamaha 33 EFI and I don't have nothing but praise for it...about 146hrs no oil use and outperforms the Kawasaki 35 and Briggs 37hp EFI. The icing on the cake is it does so while sipping fuel..I mow about 8-9 acres weekly.

Thank you for replying with that information. I have heard others say they like the Yamaha over the other two as well.