Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
GREETINGS to all Gravely & Ariens mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Gravely/Ariens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Gravely/Ariens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Gravely/Ariens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

woodsman2011

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!
GREETINGS to all Gravely & Ariens mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Gravely/Ariens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Gravely/Ariens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Gravely/Ariens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
First off, is there a way to reply w/o a quote? I can't find it. Anyhow, new here and just last weeked brought home a 68 C-12 that has been sitting for a while now. So far, I've rotted out the carb and kitted it and replaced the key switch trying to get the thing to fire. I made it run before I bought it but it was showing signs of lossing fire then but when it fired up and ran, boy was it strong. Got fire to the coil but nothing coming out to the plug. I got a conversion kit (electronic to points) coming from GravelyShop.com and think that'll fix it right up.

Kelly

Heres some pics;

Attachments

• IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    830.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    815.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0206.JPG
    IMG_0206.JPG
    435.6 KB · Views: 76

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
First off, nice machine.

Second off, to your first off, to the extreem left of where you found the 'reply with quote' button, is a button that says '+Reply to Thread' (green box)

Last off, I think you made a wise move. Sounds like a bad condenser.

:welcome:

lonestarmojo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all, I'm obviously new to the forum and made a post for help before I introduced myself. Sorry bout that. I have a 2006 Gravely ZT 2348. I look forward to getting a lot of use out of this forum and contributing when I can help.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have to love ... Studebaker, I had several all through high school... Cars not mowers...

lonestarmojo... Welcome to this fun place, LMF... Good to have you here. :smile:KennyV

dtrush

Forum Newbie
Threads
Question

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum thing. I just bought my mower a few months ago. It's a brand new gravely zt xl 48. Sry don't have any pics yet. But I need some help. Don't know much about engines. Everything has been great with the mower since I purchased it. I've really been satisfied. But all of the sudden the other day I went to start it like I always do and it started idoling really rough. It smooths out when I keep it about half choke or turn the speed up all the way. I've cleaned out the air filter, brushed off the spark plugs, and changed the oil. I need to know if I should spray carburetor cleaner in the carburetor and if so how, or if I need to drain the fuel lines and gas tank, or if there are any other options.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Question

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum
...new gravely zt xl 48.
... I need to know if I should spray carburetor cleaner in the carburetor and if so how, or if I need to drain the fuel lines and gas tank, or if there are any other options.

WELCOME to LMF...

I think you will enjoy this place & your new mower...

On a new engine, you likely will not need to spray any cleaners into the carb... it is more likely you have a contaminate in the fuel, probably water... If that's the case the easiest method will involve taking the bolt(main fuel jet) out of the bottom of the carb bowel ... allow the fuel to run out for several seconds, and then replace the bolt and washer... :smile:KennyV

GGOSSLER

Threads
Greetings: Newbie to this site, have been shopping for the past 6 months for a new ZTR machine, have apprximatey 2.5 to 3.0 acres with several large pine trees. Currently haveJD GX 34 w/54" deck, has been a great unit, just want to upgrade, have had the JD for 12 years. Looking for any thoughtso opinions on Gravey ZT HD 52 or ExMark unit. All comments wil be appreciated.

GGOSSLER

Threads
Re: Took The Plunge

Well, I did it, got that brand new HD ZT - 52 Gravley home this past Saturday, traded in my 10 yr old
JD GX 345 w/ 54" deck and 458 hrs. Somewhat of a learning curve on the first ZT I have operated, but all I can say is Wow ! Outstanding product, course got it stuck twice already much heavier than the JD. had my grandson help pull me out with the Tacoma.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Congrats.. You will get to Love it...
When towing drive the wheel motors with the pumps... or disengage the hydro bypass valve...
You will soon wonder how you ever mowed without a ZT...
Post some pictures when you get the chance.... :smile:KennyV