Carburater access Cub Cadet 1440

Wgeorge

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can't figure out how to access the carb on my Cub 1440 to remove it and clean it. I'm clueless, and don't want to tear the engine out in order to access the carb. Can't find any shop manuals on line. Called Cub Cadet. They forwarded me to BS who isn't any help. Any experience out there who's done the job? or any reference to a "how to" fixit manual? Appreciate any help.

Wgeorge

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can't figure out how to access the carb on my Cub 1440 to remove it and clean it. I'm clueless, and don't want to tear the engine out in order to access the carb. Can't find any shop manuals on line. Called Cub Cadet. They forwarded me to BS who isn't any help. Any experience out there who's done the job? or any reference to a "how to" fixit manual? Appreciate any help.

Kenny V pointed me in the right direction on the Cub Cadet thread. Unfortunately solving the problem required what seemed to be a major tear down. What should have been a thirty minute job took hours, and left me with one sheared bolt, one missing screen bolt, and three left over bolts. So much for reinventing the wheel.
Upside is it again runs like a bear and pulls like a mule. Lucky me!