MTD Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Beowulf

Threads
Just found this site. Looks great so far.

I have an old 136M6960G062

1990 42" yard machine

Whiteshadow

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all MTD mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other MTD owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for MTD mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool MTD stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Hello

Have a 20HP White outdoor tractor
Bought with a mower and snow blower attachments.

I am from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Whiteshadow

katewoman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone, Im Kate~ I am new. Thank you for the add. I have a 2002 42" Yard Machine model # 13BF660G352

byronbgs

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all I'm from Louisiana and own a 1996 MTD 18HP 42" cut Model 136Q695G118. Original engine / Tires / Hydro drive.

dwade

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I'm new here from Ontario, Canada. I bought a early 70's White gt-1600. I believe it is the same machine as a mtd-960, gear drive. It would run if jump started when I got it. After getting a wiring diagram because every wire had been spliced i tried to change the ignition switch. I couldn't source the correct switch and I admit I didn't fully understand that the wire going to the engine ignition was for. For some reason I guessed the engine needed 12volts to power the ignition.
Long story short, I put 12 volts to the condenser from igniton terminal on a universal key switch. I noticed the magic electrical smoke when the key was put in the 'run' position. Can anyone tell me if i fried just the condenser or did I fry the coil as well.
Thanks

Threads
Hi, I'm new here from Ontario, Canada. I bought a early 70's White gt-1600. I believe it is the same machine as a mtd-960, gear drive. It would run if jump started when I got it. After getting a wiring diagram because every wire had been spliced i tried to change the ignition switch. I couldn't source the correct switch and I admit I didn't fully understand that the wire going to the engine ignition was for. For some reason I guessed the engine needed 12volts to power the ignition.
Long story short, I put 12 volts to the condenser from igniton terminal on a universal key switch. I noticed the magic electrical smoke when the key was put in the 'run' position. Can anyone tell me if i fried just the condenser or did I fry the coil as well.
Thanks

Hey there Wade go ahead and post this in the Small engine and Mower section........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Texas Lawn Ranger

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I've always had an MTD made riding mower that I use to cut the grass on my 5 acres. Currently I'm using a Huskee Supreme SLT 4600H which I bought from a neighbor years ago. I replaced the 46 inch 3 blades deck with a 42 inch two blade deck. Much easier to use and maintain.

Texas Lawn Ranger

Colin HUNT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello - I am new member Colin HUNT and I live in France. I have an MTD Mini Rider 76SD (420 cc) ride on mower and have attached a picture. It's generally a good device but access to things is not very good when there are problems to fix. I do have acurrent problem, eneven running of the engine, which I will post separately with more detail. Looks like a good forum!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other MTD owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for MTD mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool MTD stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

MTD MOWER IMAGE.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Whpnspur

Forum Newbie
Threads
[/QUOTE]

Hello. I'm a new member who has recently acquired a MTD Yard Machine model 13A6673G118. I believe it was originally purchased at Sam's Club around 1997. I am trying to find a rebuild kit for it. My knowledge is low concerning these mowers. And considering the age of it, I seem to be having some issues finding the right parts. I'd like to get a bagger sometime as well. I am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I like this mower. The price was perfect, It was free.