Honda Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

PUSH

Threads
Free HR214SX

picked up this little brute HR214SX for Free from a friends dad that was sending it to the curb
runs great - carb leaks like a water fountain, so I haven't, had a chance to see if how it mows
Came with the Bag and Mulch plug in place = has not been started in years
I just added gas and boom - it started on the 4th pull

I have 5 mowers now all but one was a curb find
so do I keep the 30+ yr old honda?
might sell it as the parts for the 3 of the others are identical and cheap - Toro, Craftsman, Troybilt
plus that The toro recycler Rwd with key start for free is a beast

push

20190522_180729.jpg

tadawson

Threads
I'd keep that before any of the others. Carb fix should be trivial, and this is what evolved into the Honda commercial line - they live forever!

tranchinh

Threads
Re: Free HR214SX

picked up this little brute HR214SX for Free from a friends dad that was sending it to the curb
runs great - carb leaks like a water fountain, so I haven't, had a chance to see if how it mows
Came with the Bag and Mulch plug in place = has not been started in years
I just added gas and boom - it started on the 4th pull

I have 5 mowers now all but one was a curb find
so do I keep the 30+ yr old honda?
might sell it as the parts for the 3 of the others are identical and cheap - Toro, Craftsman, Troybilt
plus that The toro recycler Rwd with key start for free is a beast

push

View attachment 44011

Just sell me the recycle plug ,HR214 not enough power to mulching anyway

macespejo

Threads
Hi all,

Im new here and my mower's name is the "TANK". My mower is an old HRC2163HXA. You can see it on my avatar. I hope you guys can help me because I'm a newbie. I posted on the other thread about my issue on my mower.

Thank you and nice to mee you all.

PUSH

Threads
I'd keep that before any of the others. Carb fix should be trivial, and this is what evolved into the Honda commercial line - they live forever!

Just bought a carb kit for it to fix it
I'm seriously impressed by the way its put together and the value$ of it even @ 30yrs old
as soon as I get it running I will do a side by side test Vs the Toro - the personal pace feature and speed of the toro are so far superior to any of the other mowers I have ever had but I've never had a Honda

PUSH

Threads

Just sell me the recycle plug ,HR214 not enough power to mulching anyway
Is it really not enough power or that the plugs are rare $$$
I'll keep it together thanks

tranchinh

Threads

Is it really not enough power or that the plugs are rare $$$
I'll keep it together thanks

Its really not enough power,4 HP for mulching ,Its better wiyh HR215 5 HP or HR216 5.5 HP .And youre right its rare they sell around $100 for that plug

bran_hra216

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi
My name is Brandon. I have a large collection of mowers. My father owned a Honda Lawn Dealer for a long time.
I have several models
HR214 models - Electric start SXA, SXA, and PXA
HR215 HXA, SXA, and a Master series HXA
HR216 SXA
HRA214 SXA
HRC216 SXA
HRC216 K3 HXA

I also have Honda generators and trimmers

nondairycreamer

Forum Newbie
Threads
New guy here, one year old Toro/GCV160 from Lowe's. Great until this spring when the infamous up/down throttle (choke) ruined my day. Very annoying. It even died once. I thought it was bad gas but reading here it looks like I have another problem. Has anyone rigged a manual choke?

Threads
GREETINGS to all Honda mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Honda owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Honda mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Honda stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

I'm not new to the site but I am new to the Honda forum. First rider was a snapper, too big and I could not raise the blde high enough. second was a really old Sears Murray and I got a lot of help from that forumThose are all gone and now I have a Honda Harmony 38"which I guess is part of the first year for that mower. The serial number is 6000453. I bought this one from a local repair shop and it is cleaned up and tuned up so I hope my wallet has stopped bleeding green.