Craftsman Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

SkipD

Threads
New from St. Marys, Ga.

Got a new Craftsman Z6000 42 inch 22 HP Briggs Zero-Turn Mower 247.204110, aka MTD 17AKCACS099. Cuts GREAT. Definitely will take some getting used to........

Mr Manouche

Threads
I posted this in the wrong thread already...O well, I bought a brand new Craftsman G5500 with 54" deck last year to mow my 3 acres of lawn. I like it so far. Love the turn tight feature, B & S engine, beefy transmission, cuts in reverse. Dont like the keyless start and the way the mower is all bolted together. Also loved the price! You really gota dish out serious money to get a mower that was put together with welds. Mine cuts great though!

bking0217

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all! I have a Craftsman model #917376161 self-propelled mower. I keep it in the best working condition I can but it does see use at least once a week. No pics yet but soon. Oh yeah, my name's Brian and I live in Apopka, FL.

roscoepcoltrane

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Craftsman mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Craftsman owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Craftsman mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Craftsman stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Greetings from Oklahoma,
I am 72 but my brain keeps telling me that I am somewhere between 16 & 23. When I get up in the mornings my body sounds like a bowl of Rice Krispies. Everyday is a blessing.
I have 2 Craftsman machines #1 is 917.256524, 42" cut 15.5 hp Briggs & Stratton. Model 28N707. It is barely on life support after 25 years, but plans for reincarnation are in the works. #2 is 917.273220, 50" cut 24 hp Kohler, just got this one yesterday. Paid $50.00 for it. The oil & filter always changed like clockwork. It Has 700 hours on it. Tires are not dry rotted, rear tires are 24X12x12 "Ye Ha". Buy one of those and kiss my fishing trip good-bye. A little rubbing compound and a waxing and it will shine like new money. The owner passed away and it had a flat tire, his son didn't want it...... But I did !!!! If it self-destructs after one trip around this yard I still come out ahead. ( I hope it don't do that) :smile:
Now you know more than you did 3 minutes ago. :biggrin:

NeonJohn25

Forum Newbie
Threads

Howdy from nearby-to-Reno, Nevada.
I was just given for free, this old Craftsman II Eager-1. I just did a total tear down, total clean, lapped the valves,
cleaned the piston ring grooves, sharpened the blade and re-assembled.
It should give many more years of use.
Be seeing y'all around the posts.