Craftsman Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
GREETINGS to all Craftsman mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Craftsman owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Craftsman mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Craftsman stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Adamsrib

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a few Craftsman DGS6500 GTand a Poulan GT. I put them through hell and they keep on ticking.

jacko

Threads
I do not think that this is stickied yet but it might be a good idea to go ahead and do it so it does not get lost in all of the posts.

junebug1701

Threads
Last year I bought this Craftsman 37436. It is my first self-propelled, first electric start, and my first Craftsman mower! Much better than the cheapo mowers I had been using for years. It does a fantastic job whether I'm mulching, bagging, or using the side discharge. In fact I always thought my St. Augustine grass was too thick and moist for mulching, but after I lost the side discharge chute I had to try it and the Craftsman did a fine job and the B&S 7.0 Platinum never bogs down. When I called Sears to order a replacement discharge chute, it came from the Husqvarna factory, which is where my mower was made. Here are a couple of pictures after I bagged the front yard and mulched the back:

IMG_0127a.jpg

IMG_0128a.jpg

czl273

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all!!
I've got a Craftsman DYT 4000 riding & Craftsman Eagle-1 Pull Start 5.0HP push mower.

MusicallyMrM

Forum Newbie
Threads
:smile: What's up gang? Well, let me post my second noob post. I love Craftsman Tractors. It's funny that most people who don't like them also don't realize that most of the lawn tractor brands are like car batteries. They are pretty much made by a hand full of manufactures who essentially sell the same thing to everyone. Have you ever wondered why Husgvarna and Cub Cadets look amazingly the same and feel the same? Or that for most of the early 80's, Murray Tractors and Craftsman Tractors had a lot of similarities? Ever heard of AYP? (American Yard Products) or Roper MFD? Even some of the JD series LT tractors are *not* made by John Deere. And everyone is pretty much running Kohlers, Briggs &Stratton and a few Kawasakis for flavor in regard to powertrains. Don't read too much into branding.

But for a lot of reasons, I love Craftsman Lawn Products. They've been around in some form or fashion practically my whole life, and who didn't shop at Sears growing up? Sears was what Walmart is now for years. Buy parts for 'em, get 'em serviced through Sears, what's not to like? Here are pics of my current two (I've thinned the herd because I'm looking for older SS/ST model Sears Garden Tractors to restore this summer-got to keep the wife happy and the garage clean):laughing:

386978412.jpg
One of my first riding mowers-not Craftsman but Craftsman badged a whole lot of these "Murrays" as their own brand.

386971384.jpg
My favorite Craftsman, an 86 LT 11 with the original 11 HP L-Head in it. Everyone always displaced that motor as such a dog, but mine is still running after 24 years

394018054.jpg
My most recent LT-1996 LT repowered with a Briggs I/C AVS 18hp engine (it started life as a 15.5 but that motor wound up with gasoline in the crankcase. Neighbors son used it like that for a cutting season.....need I say more?)

394018060.jpg
The current engine

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mr M! you were born for this forum... you not only have it, you have it bad! The mower bug bit you and you are terminal my friend. I mean who else keeps photos of thier old mowers. I'm impressed as you can tell:biggrin:
Welcometo the lawn Mower forum:thumbsup:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Nice collection guys... and welcome Mr. M!

Albionwood

Threads
Hello!

Just joined here. Have a Craftsman 18HP 42" (model 917.272754) from a few years ago. We use it to mow about an acre of orchard, plus some of the meadow around the house. Got a few issues with it, maybe we can work them out on this forum!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Re: Hello!

Just joined here. Have a Craftsman 18HP 42" (model 917.272754) from a few years ago. We use it to mow about an acre of orchard, plus some of the meadow around the house. Got a few issues with it, maybe we can work them out on this forum!

Welcome to LMF! Post away, and hopefully other members will be able to help with your issues. :thumbsup: