Cub Cadet Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
GREETINGS to all Cub Cadet mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Cub Cadet owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Cub Cadet mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Cub Cadet stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Jack

Forum Newbie
Threads
Checkin' in
Currently ride a CC 3225. Only thing I don't like is that Granny Government made them restrict top speed to point where it is slower than I like. Plan to go under the tractor and inspect the linkage to tranny; maybe I can move something. Can't do it now bcs removing the deck is a long procedure for the 3225.
Previously had a beloved CC 1860 that I rescued from the boneyard. Inoperable hour meter; I guess over 1000 hrs. Ran great for years till it threw a rod. That was a FAST mover!

Jack

mordecai22

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is great. Finally a Cub Forum. I currently own a 3200 GT. Before that it was a LT1045 that just wasn't capable of what I needed so i went overboard and got what I hope will last me most of my life. I'll have to post some pictures from home. :thumbsup:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Welcome aboard, guys! Glad you checked in. :smile:

Todd3138

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey, all. CC owner checking in from WV. Not a frequent poster or anything, but enjoy having a resource like TractorByNet and now this one for perusing when I have questions.

I currently have a GT 1554VT that I bought last year at Tractor Supply. It's been great in spite of the abuse I've heaped on it. Looking forward to giving it a good servicing at the end of this mowing season. We have a 30 acre farm and I mow about 5 acres of it with this tractor right now. It's a bit of a chore, and some of the mowing conditions (trails) are not what this poor thing was designed to handle, but it's held up amazingly well. Starting to notice some belt slippage in grass that has any length to it, so may be replacing that unless there's a good alternative (which I know is a discussion probably best started somewhere else!).

Glad to have this great new resource available!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello Todd ...
You are so right about tractorbynet.com AND this new site lawnmowerforum.com both are great places and anyone familiar with either should definitely check out the other...
Welcome to another great place... :smile:KennyV

Todd3138

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Todd ...
You are so right about tractorbynet.com AND this new site lawnmowerforum.com both are great places and anyone familiar with either should definitely check out the other...
Welcome to another great place... :smile:KennyV

Thanks, KennyV! I actually spend a lot of time on the PondBoss.com forum, but have way too many things going on to be active everywhere I'd like to be - argh! Anyway, I'm looking forward to checking in here and especially at times I need some input on my mower. Now I'm off to the farm to build a makeshift rake to tow behind my 4 wheeler for some land maintenance. Happy day to all!

dnjsyl

Threads
hello, i had joined this forum a while ago. I own a 1988 cub cadet 1811, and also a cub cadet 149 that is all apart at the moment to get the K321 motor rebuilt

Sam Mac

Threads
Stop by the new Cub Cadet section and say hello to the other Cub Cadet owners now by clicking the link below:

HELLO

Last edited:

Sam Mac

Threads
Had to goof on Muhammad with the HELLO. Seriously my favorite Cub is my 1210. It's got all the running gear out of a 1440 including the front axel. Got tired of the rag joint. Only thing original in the drive train now is the Kohler. Put a set of roller thrust washers between the spindle and the axle, makes it steer even easier. Drilled the spindles so I can grease the bearings without pulling the wheels. Just got the front wheels powder coated and put a set of 15X6.5X8 Carlisle tires on it. I'll post some more detail and pics on the mods when I have time.

Attachments

• the Yard Harley.JPG
    the Yard Harley.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 80
  • front wheel 2.JPG
    front wheel 2.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 62