Cub Cadet Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Snowman1967

Forum Newbie
Threads
David here, checking in. One year owner of a Cub Cadet XT2 42". Great mower, with a couple of mods.
MOD #1- extension piece for the fast attach bracket that allows me to keep the bracket and bagger on, while being able to hitch my trailer to it.
MOD #2- Modified stops on mowing deck to allow full 4 inch height of mower deck.

Love the mower!

DGillen

Forum Newbie
Threads
David from Valley, Alabama. Bought by second Cub Cadet lawn tractor, XT1 46" about 3 years ago after getting 8 years out of a 1045LT. The deck rusted out around the idler pulley swing arm mount which seemed like a great excuse to buy a new one. Traded it with a guy for a 55" 3D flat screen TV so it wasn't all bad.

evh

Threads
Bought this, my first Cub tractor (LTX-1045 made in 2009) used in Jan. 2020 with about 2' snow on the ground in the mitten state. It was in great shape and only had 120 hours on it. Came complete with the double bag Cub grass catcher for it. Got it for $450. I have read mixed review but I thought for the price, I would take a chance. I have put 4 hours on it and have found no issues. Lets hope that continues.Shot1947.jpg

stanman13

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay I'll play. New to Cub Cadet this year. Former Simplicity owner, the last one served me over 25 years. This Cub Cadet XT1-42 will live an easy life mowing my 1/2 acre suburban yard with 20-ish mature trees in SE Michigan. It'll also see light duty use hauling garden supplies around. Maybe I'll eventually get a small blade or snowblower for it for the driveway. So far I'm very happy with it, with about 2.5 hours logged. It certainly handles better than the old one. Time will tell for sure. If it serves me half as well as that old Simplicity I'll be a happy camper.

Reactions: evh

rumble1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Patrick from Miami, FL...back in 2003 I bought an SR621 walk behind with a Kawasaki FJ180V motor that's still running strong. I did a refresh on it back in '12 and replaced all the controls and haven't had any problems with it mechanically over the years. This past weekend I brought it out of the shed for the first time in 6 years due to health issues, cleaned the carb and it fired up within a few pulls once the gas got flowing. I'm happy to finally find a forum for Cub owners, I don't know anyone who owns one since everybody pays to have their yards done these days.

Ratfink

Forum Newbie
Threads
RZT 50 2010 model just purchased, Fixing years of neglect but really enjoy mowing with it. Pulled the deck to put on new blades,found that the torsion spring was broken! Part on order, now to figure a way to replace it! I think the right side hydro needs work also! Between this and My 01 Vette I stay busy!

cturboaddict

Threads
Hello everyone!
Cturboaddict here, located in Southern Illinois. I have an XT2 LX46 fab deck (2016) model that has served me well over the past 3 years. Having trouble with it now.

busa2000

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just picked up a 2016 rztl, super happy so far. It has 100 hours on the unit.Is there anything I should look for?

RWlawnman

Threads
I'm looking on the Cub Cadet forum here for help with my father-in-law's 2011 RZT 50" Cub Cadet. The belts, both drive and deck, tend to jump off. Already seen one thread that gave me the idea to use a video camera to watch & see what is happening with the pulleys.