John Deere Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

MikeA57

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi! I'm Mike and I have a 2010 HE Z910a m8wer that I really. I signed up to ask for help with a specific question about an issue in having w my mower. Hopefully I'll be able to return the favor and offer some assistance soo!

I'll post .the problem in the correct forum!

CVB-CWVO

Forum Newbie
Threads
I qualify as new to the forum since I just signed up today. :smile:
I have an older model of John Deere EZ Trac Z245.
I also an older model of John Deere but can't remember the number right off hand and it is lightening outside right now!

I am 65 years old and have training in small engines.

Thank you for letting me join in. If I can help, I surely will.

lbrumbau

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’m supper excited! Bought my fist JD this week. It is a 14SE walk behind. Got it for $30, it was running poorly and when the BBC was engaged it would die. Cleaned out a bunch of crud from the gas tank, put it back together added some gas and it started on the first pull! Still need to do some work to make it functional.

Attachments

• FB868327-BEA8-4422-83A7-D7D5719BD17F.jpg
    FB868327-BEA8-4422-83A7-D7D5719BD17F.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 38640D43-23EB-4AE7-949B-8550D3B6E263.jpg
    38640D43-23EB-4AE7-949B-8550D3B6E263.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 3

Bones4Gold

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all. Newbie here. My machine is a John Deere 345 which I bought in 1999. I have had the lawn tractor longer than I have had my wife. I like old cars, trucks and tractors. I have a 1948 8n Ford tractor which belonged to my maternal grandfather. I drive a 1990 F150 that runs better than my mind. I like to visit the mountains when I get the chance. There is something enchanting about winding mountain roads and waterfalls. Looking forward to browsing your posts.

edmo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I generally enjoy working on small engines, both 2 and 4 cycle. They get harder to troubleshoot with each new feature they think is needed. Remember when you used to work on your own car before it was almost totally computerized. Doing this as a hobby probably won't last much longer unless you stick with vintage equipment. Right now I'm working on a 30 year old JD 175 that is being difficult.

edmo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I generally enjoy working on small engines, both 2 and 4 cycle. They get harder to troubleshoot with each new feature they think is needed. Remember when you used to work on your own car before it was almost totally computerized. Doing this as a hobby probably won't last much longer unless you stick with vintage equipment. Right now I'm working on a 30 year old JD 175 that is being difficult. Thought I posted,but not showing up so this may be #2

Paulman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all! I just bought a new S240 with the 48 inch deck.

I know "they don't make em like they used to" but I have to live in today and do what's best for me and my family.

The Husquvarna-made Craftsman I am retiring had lots of problems and it is obvious if you look closely that the S240 is a much tougher machine.

I can see that the X300 series is tougher than the S240, also, but couldn't stretch the monthly payment that far. And the local dealer is great.

Anyway, I've mowed once with the S240 and am really impressed. It is better than the 6 year old Craftsman in so many ways.

Thanks for the forum and all the info I've gained, as well as being there for me in the future.

And even though it's not up to the quality of what most of you own, I'm proud of my new JD!

john4803

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been a JD owner for about 7 years. I bought a used L130, which had been abused some but reworked by the local JD dealer.

I have replaced blades, oil filters, etc., several times and 1 mower deck spindle, so far.

The crankcase seal has a periodic leak, mainly in the Winter, when tolerances shrink. The local JD dealer said it would be cheaper to just routinely replace any leaking oil because it would be quite expensive for them to replace the seal. So, I am waiting to make that decision and don't have to worry about it during mowing season, just snow pushing season.

I have a YouTube channel and have made several videos on maintenance and repairs, if interested private email me.

Looking forward to learning more from you experts and helping out, if I can?

DeerRun49

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone.. I'm new to the forum. I'm an 2nd owner of a very well taken care of John Deere riding mower 160 with 42" deck. Its an 80s model but start and runs great.
Hope to learn some things about servicing and removing blades to sharpening them.
Thanks for the invite.

clematis richard

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I'm Richard from near Preston, England. I have a John Deere STX30, must be nearly 30 years old, I've had it from new, still runs like clockwork. Had problems this last week when the exhaust box fell off, quickly welded it back on but had problems with fastening the exhaust back on, also found that 2 engine mounting bolts were missing.