Welcome to the Grasshopper Mower Forum

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Hi Everybody,

We've created this forum for the discussion of Grasshopper mowers and lawn & garden equipment. Please post all related questions in this section now. :thumbsup:

Leolee008

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Everybody,

We've created this forum for the discussion of Grasshopper mowers and lawn & garden equipment. Please post all related questions in this section now. :thumbsup:

I continue to have to use a charger to start my Grashopper #218 the battery is good. Is there a rectifier or something else that I could look at that is not charging the system?

John

BWH

Threads
I continue to have to use a charger to start my Grashopper #218 the battery is good. Is there a rectifier or something else that I could look at that is not charging the system?

John

John, just a few things,
- How did you determine the battery is good? load test, volt meter?
- Will it start on its own right after mowing with it?

I am puzzled that the battery is good and will not turn over (my understanding) but connecting the battery charger to the battery and it turns over and starts.

Can you help me out I must be missing something.

rwilhelmi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: John, battery problem

John, your battery might show that it's charged, but it sounds like it's lost it's cranking charge. When you put the charger on it will bring up the cranking charge. Sorry but I think you need to purchase another battery or charge the one you have ,on longer charge, also check the battery water if your able. Randy

gambie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 721D 1995 and need new transmissions, any ideas beside 1000.00 each? gambie

puddybrained

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for welcoming me, hoping someone can tell me the correct chassis wire connection clip too engine harness clip on a 2008 GH227 equipped with kohlor command pro 27hp ,with smart spark replaced with kit, 12v hot red/w,blk. yellow, blk. to purple reg., green oil/sensor, white kill, the replacement kit had the red and brn. taped and tied too manifold. last year the connection about melted and it took awhile too rewire ,but ,I did prevail only too start the cylinder drop senerio . since the coil conversion it stopped bat charging but at uncertain interavals. I thought I had figured it out only too try starting it and ,no spark , after checking continuity, voltages, switches ,ect.