Welcome to the Exmark Forum -- Check in Here First!

UpstateSCPapi

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the forum! Got an email from my fave site tractorbynet.com or I don't think I would have known about this one!

Have a 2015-ish (will have to verify) Exmark Pioneer S-Series 48". A great mower for our needs. Hopping on here to learn a few things to help me take care of it better!

:drink:

TLAR640

Threads
I just got a used Exmark Metro 36" walk behind. I've been hanging out on the Honda forum for a few years so not new here. I like it so far. Take a look!
eXmark Metro 1.jpg

Last edited:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice machine! Looks clean and well cared for. I see you have the ECS handles too. They're nice and keep your hands inboard so you don't bang your knuckles on trees and the corner of the house etc.

I love my Exmarks. They're very well built, dependable machines that leave a beautiful cut. Expect it to clump in wet conditions though as they have a pretty highly baffled deck. Have you cut with it yet?

One thing to watch for is to keep the air filter clean. Where they sit they tend to take in a lot of dust/debris, especially if you have dry conditions.

Edit: Oh, looks like it has the mulch kit on it. You may struggle with spring growth with that on and will need to clean the deck often and be sure to turn the deck off in "unimportant areas" as it will dump on you when you turn it off.

TLAR640

Threads
Nice machine! Looks clean and well cared for. I see you have the ECS handles too. They're nice and keep your hands inboard so you don't bang your knuckles on trees and the corner of the house etc.

I love my Exmarks. They're very well built, dependable machines that leave a beautiful cut. Expect it to clump in wet conditions though as they have a pretty highly baffled deck. Have you cut with it yet?

One thing to watch for is to keep the air filter clean. Where they sit they tend to take in a lot of dust/debris, especially if you have dry conditions.

Edit: Oh, looks like it has the mulch kit on it. You may struggle with spring growth with that on and will need to clean the deck often and be sure to turn the deck off in "unimportant areas" as it will dump on you when you turn it off.

This mower is for my own use on 2 properties totalling 3/4 acre of Zoysia. I specifically wanted the ECS system and a mulch kit, and found this mower with about 100 hrs. Seems like a hotrod so far.

Thanks for the tip about grass build up and dumping when I stop the blades. I typically cut in the pm so no morning dew to deal with.

I've already tapped the dust from the air filter. Do you oil the foam pre-filter? Manual says no, Youtube video says yes. Also, is the Exmark mulching blade the best choice for use with the mulch kit? What about Gators? Thanks!

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
No on the oil in pre-filter. Yes, the wavy mulchers work best with the mulch kit. The Gators throw too much air and result in a lot of blow-out and poor cut quality - I think because they end up pushing the grass down rather than lifting it.

I've run the mulch kit on both of my machines but for a commercial guy who has to mow in all conditions I had to scrap the idea.

TLAR640

Threads
No on the oil in pre-filter. Yes, the wavy mulchers work best with the mulch kit. The Gators throw too much air and result in a lot of blow-out and poor cut quality - I think because they end up pushing the grass down rather than lifting it.

I've run the mulch kit on both of my machines but for a commercial guy who has to mow in all conditions I had to scrap the idea.

I just read your older posts on that subject. I hope I can make the mulch kit work for me, but time and more hours will tell.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mulching takes some dedication but is certainly possible, especially with a grass like Zoysia which isn't as juicy as the northern grasses I have on most of my accounts. It is very dense though and doesn't decompose that well.

Sharp blades, dry grass and not taking off too much at a time are key. And of course listening to your engine and slowing down when necessary. You'll likely do fine...most of the time...

SandyMorgan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. We have a Lexmark Z, older one. Model is LHP5223kc, Serial is 455261. 2 acres, and we mow mom in laws yard as well since she is unable.
Hubby has replaced the deck belt, but it keep throwing it:confused2:. Everything is lubed and spinning freely. Any suggestions? To have someone work on it around here is very costly:mad:.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi. We have a Lexmark Z, older one. Model is LHP5223kc, Serial is 455261. 2 acres, and we mow mom in laws yard as well since she is unable.
Hubby has replaced the deck belt, but it keep throwing it:confused2:. Everything is lubed and spinning freely. Any suggestions? To have someone work on it around here is very costly:mad:.

My prime suspect would be the idler assembly that tensions the deck belt. Both the idler pulley and the arm. Things get worn making the pulley run on an angle and causing the belt the climb off the idler pulley. Also I believe there's a C clip on one side of the spring. Make sure that's there and that the spring is seated properly. I have the same machine except with the Kawasaki engine. I think the "kc" is the Kohler engine, but no matter. The deck setup is the same

ErnestW

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello

Hi, I'm Ernie, and I've had a laser Z for 14 years.