Buying Advice Craftsman PGT 9000 (28984)

peggyggm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

New to the forum so first let me say hello to everyone, I've been reading alot of posts in my search for a new tractor so i appreciate all the help I've already received just from readin the posts.

I need some advice on a craftsman PGT 9000. I have about 2 acres of hilly terrain and a 350 foot driveway that I have to plow/clear in the winter. I'm concerned about the overall quality and long term reliability of the PGT. I've read some good reviews but no real long term feedback. Anyone out there a long time PGT user that can give me some feedback?

Thanks

Threads
I plan to get a GTH26v52LS husqvarna whenever my Craftsman ys4500 gives up it seems to be a better tractor for what I need, and what you describe you plan to use it for. I am not sure but I think the price is comparable from what I have seen.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't know if this will help, I have to put my input out there. Please stay away from any unit which is built by MTD. According to your post they will not stand-up to the conditions you describe and you will replace them in 5 years, even with good maintenance. I would usually recommend Toro at this time, but they to are now made by MTD and because of the hilly and rough terrain, I cannot do so. I recomend that you look at a higher end unit, which will give you a longer service life. I know that this is not what you were looking to hear, but had to respond. Google MTD brand names to find out who they build for and then see what is left in brand news in your area. I know that this is pricey, but I would look at a Kubota. Great machines and will provide years of service.