Walk behind Honda HRR2168VKA trail of grass

thermoman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought this Honda HRR2168VKA and mowed my lawn. It is leaving a trail of grass coming from the right rear wheel? Why is it doing this? How do I fix this? Thank you.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've heard of this problem before, and it does come up now and then on certain turf and mowing conditions. There are a couple of possible fixes:

1. Try raising or lowering the mower deck to a different position and do some test runs. See if the suction improves enough to reduce or eliminate the trail of clippings.

2. If (1) doesn't make any improvement, it's possible your specific turf conditions may requires the installation of a special "blow out" kit. This kit has a special curved insert that bolts inside the mower deck and improves the airflow and reduces the amount of clippings that can escape from under the deck. Please send me a PM with your name & address, the serial number off the back of the mower deck, and I can help you get in touch with Honda Customer Relations who can help you with this option.

-Robert@Honda

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

thermoman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've heard of this problem before, and it does come up now and then on certain turf and mowing conditions. There are a couple of possible fixes:

1. Try raising or lowering the mower deck to a different position and do some test runs. See if the suction improves enough to reduce or eliminate the trail of clippings.

2. If (1) doesn't make any improvement, it's possible your specific turf conditions may requires the installation of a special "blow out" kit. This kit has a special curved insert that bolts inside the mower deck and improves the airflow and reduces the amount of clippings that can escape from under the deck. Please send me a PM with your name & address, the serial number off the back of the mower deck, and I can help you get in touch with Honda Customer Relations who can help you with this option.

-Robert@Honda

Can you give me their contact information?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sure. Call Honda Customer Relations from 9-5 EST at 770-497-6400. Please speak with Theresa, as she's aware of this issue and can help you out direct.

-Robert@Honda

mikeypizano

Threads
I would like to add if you are bagging, try washing the bag as that helped with my HRC.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using LMF

akrusnc

Forum Newbie
Threads
thermoman,

Did you get a blow out kit? What was the cost and did it help or reslove the issue? I have the same eact issue with my mower.

nero198

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought this Honda HRR2168VKA and mowed my lawn. It is leaving a trail of grass coming from the right rear wheel? Why is it doing this? How do I fix this? Thank you.

I just bought HRR2168VKA and have the same problem. Calling the customer service was useless, basically telling me to take it to the Honda repair shop.
Poor Honda response team.
I am thinking of taking it back to the Home Depot and exchanging it for a John Deere or Toro.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just bought HRR2168VKA and have the same problem. Calling the customer service was useless, basically telling me to take it to the Honda repair shop.
Poor Honda response team.
I am thinking of taking it back to the Home Depot and exchanging it for a John Deere or Toro.

Sorry to hear of the bad experience.

Just to confirm, did you call Honda Customer Relations (770) 497-6400 directly? You say "basically telling me" but what did they actually say? Did they recommend any workarournds or ask you any other questions?

There is a blow-out kit for the HRR models that helps reduce trails of grass in certain conditions, but sometimes changing the mower height setting can fix it even faster and easier.

I want to help, so if you'll share a few more details please.

nero198

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry to hear of the bad experience.

Just to confirm, did you call Honda Customer Relations (770) 497-6400 directly? You say "basically telling me" but what did they actually say? Did they recommend any workarournds or ask you any other questions?

There is a blow-out kit for the HRR models that helps reduce trails of grass in certain conditions, but sometimes changing the mower height setting can fix it even faster and easier.

I want to help, so if you'll share a few more details please.

Hello Robert,
Yes I called this number. According to them it due to tall grass. I did try the height change from 1" to 2" and same problem. The grass was dry. I normally do the weekend mowing so it is not the case. I was following your earlier response from a different posting and knew to talk to Theresa but she is on vacation.
If I need a blow out kit, is it available from the customer service, Home Depot or where, and do I pay for it?
I appreciate your help.
Nirmal Jain
nirmal@umn.edu
Minneapolis