Jacobsen Commercial 60/72 Owners Manual

buzzzmeister

Threads
Bumping this back to the top. Still looking for something that doesn't exist. :laughing:

troublesman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey, Troublesman here, lost contact for a bit, I am back now. Scanning manual now, will try to figure out how to get it on here in a bit. Sorry for the disappearance.

troublesman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got pics of manual saved to thumb drive, how can i get them on here where they can be seen together other than 43 individual pics?

buzzzmeister

Threads
Well thanks! If you have them saved as a.jpg/.tiff/etc. photos, it would then be best if you could post them up on a Photobucket type account where I could access them.

I can't do photos or .pdf's, etc. at home. I need to get the laptop to town to download as any kind of high speed internet doesn't exist yet by me for under $200/month.

dmfcity

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just wondering if anyone knows of any Owners or any other manual for an early '60's Jake Commercial 60 or Commercial 72 mower. Paper copy or a .pdf copy.

Hello,
This is a first post or reply so hope I do it right and can help. I have a complete manual for the commercial 60 and know where you can get almost any part for the deck. if I can help or if you found one that's great.

buzzzmeister

Threads
Hello,
This is a first post or reply so hope I do it right and can help. I have a complete manual for the commercial 60 and know where you can get almost any part for the deck. if I can help or if you found one that's great.

Awesomesauce. I'll take a copy of the manual any which way I can get it.

As for the deck, etc., when we restored the Jake last year, we reverse engineered quite a few of the bearings, pulleys, belts, you name it. AFAIK, we're good on that aspect of things. Its just the manual we're looking for now to 'Guild the lily' so to speak.

buzzzmeister

Threads
I hear you on the spindles, ours were all good along with bearings so we left well enough alone. If we had a bad spindle, we were going to retrofit John Deere spindles and then use the 24" blades as used in our JD F911 mower. We did toss a new deck drive belt on it, a B230 (123") for the 72" deck. As for bearings, bushings and other odds & ends, its all standard off-the-shelf stuff. We had the hardest time finding the double v belt for t he motor to clutch but Northern Tool of all places carries that in their catalog. I have belt numbers so its just a matter of getting that stuff posted.

B230 v-belt for a 6' deck.
The double v-belt that runs from the engine to the gearbox and runs the deck is a 2/3v630 belt.

buzzzmeister

Threads
I finally got the website going for the restoration of my old Jake.

The Phoenix Arises :thumbsup:

Just a couple of updates-

The deck got bigger gauge wheels because the original ones installed had a tendency to slide or cut-in in the softer ground.
I added a strobe light to the back of the mower but we're in the eyeballing stage of a possible roll bar on the mower in which case the strobe would be relocated.
And a possibly bigger aux. hydraulic pump may be in the works.

All-in-all, the mower works great.

Vincent31330

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

Dear dmfcity,

I've got a commercial 60' and I'm looking for the user manual. If I've well understood you've got one.. It would be very kind of you to send me a pdf copy?

See attached file

With best regards,

Vincent (From FRANCE)

Attachments

• Jacobsen_commercial_60.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 34