2000 Scott (Murray) 22815x8A

Threads
Anyone here have any experience with these? I thought it would be a piece of crap, if it's the same Murray that made bicycles. Those bikes were junk.

My dad got it from a friend for free. I think he got rid of it because the drive belt broke. We never replaced it.

Years later I think the gas tank started leaking, or broke or something so he bought a new one. I replaced the gas tank and she was running fine again.

Ran fine a year after that, then one of the wheels broke off where it goes on the axel. Bought a replacement at Fleet Farm, but it kinda sucks because it's too skinny, but oh well. This year my dad just sharpened the blade and put the drive belt on for me because I was sick.

Other than that, I have had no issues with this mower, and it was always super reliable. Any one else here use one of these models? Any Issues? Also what's with the Scotts branding? Where were those sold?

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 55

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Built by MTD for the big box stores. Mainly Lowes and Home Depot. Personally I would not stick a lot of $$$ into it. Engine will easily outlast the deck. Run it until something else breaks, then .......

Retiredcarguy

Threads
Have a similar Scott branded MTD model. It is still alive and doing quite well. Great for light trim work.
Yes, the Briggs motor runs just like new.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
It was not made by MTD, but by Murray after they bought out Noma.

Retiredcarguy

Threads
It was not made by MTD, but by Murray after they bought out Noma.

Fish, Thanks for the manufacturer correction. It is a great light weight, trim mower.
Best!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, what makes things more confusing, I looked at a "Murray Select" at Walmart the other day, and it was/is made by MTD....

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Murray push mowers at walmart, some are made by Husqvarna and some are made by MTD. The Murray riders at walmart are made by MTD.

cowofawesome

Threads
I used to have a similar old Scott's by Murray. I trash picked it at the beginning of summer and it worked great all season till it started backfiring to the point that the starter cord almost broke my hand. Never figured out what was wrong with it so I sacrificed it for my parts collection.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Murray push mowers at walmart, some are made by Husqvarna and some are made by MTD. The Murray riders at walmart are made by MTD.

Yah, anymore, who could guess, unless the o.p. gives us the model number, eh?