tractor and trailer

boston

Threads
When we tow our little trailer up with the tractor, is it bad for the tractor in any way to use it so much? The trailer might be close to 200 pounds and we have to use the equipment about 3 or four times a week. We drive it on the side of the road and its only a couple blocks away. Is this bad for the tractors transmission or engine to be hauling it back and forth all the time? I also use the tractor to cut on some properties.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This really depends on the type of tractor you have and the type of transmission. Most lawn tractors the answer is don't do did. The transmission on most is too small. Some garden tractors are a possibility, but again it depends on the size of engine and type of tranie. Can you post info on the tractor?

boston

Threads
It's a craftsman 15 hp kohler with a hydrostatic tranny. At the moment, when I tow up hills with the load it goes up perfectly and doesn't slip or go slower. I was just wondering if this could cause wear and tear of the tranny or engine

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
only 200 lbs you should't even know its in back of you.

boston

Threads
So it won't really be bad for tranny?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
At 200 lb. you should be OK as long as it is smooth and flat. No grades over 20 degrees and not longer than 30 minutes at a time. Resevior is not really big and over heating can occur. These are only my opinions and some on this forum think I am to conservative.

boston

Threads
My area is very hilly. Idk if the grades are over 20 degrees but I often need to go back and forth and I'm starting and turning off the tractor a lot. There are no really steep hills but there's not much flat ground around here