Motor suggestion

t1texx

Forum Newbie
Threads
I lost the bottom end out of a B&S 18.5 horse. It is basically non-repairable so I am looking to replace the motor. I was thinking about buying a 20 or 21HP to replace it. Anyone have a good source for a new motor. I need it shipped to TX.

MODEL TYPE CODE
31H707 0212 E1 020724ZA

jspwrplc

Threads
If your cylinder head, carburetor, ignition are all good then install a short block. The entire bottom end, crank, rod, piston and block. It will save you some $$$$$ and you will not have to alter anything to make it fit.

brancoga

Forum Newbie
Threads
I lost the bottom end out of a B&S 18.5 horse. It is basically non-repairable so I am looking to replace the motor. I was thinking about buying a 20 or 21HP to replace it. Anyone have a good source for a new motor. I need it shipped to TX.

MODEL TYPE CODE
31H707 0212 E1 020724ZA

I agree with the previous post about buying a short block. A couple of site for engines that you may want to check out are smallenginewarehouse.com (I think they short blocks as well as complete) and tulsaenginewarehouse.com. I just bought a Kohler from the latter for my troybilt tiller and it was delivered four days after ordering it. Plus the one I bought had free shipping. Very pleased with them. I have not bought anything from smallenginewarehouse. There are several others online if you just do a search. Good luck

Sam Mac

Threads

Attachments

• honda swisher.JPG
    honda swisher.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3014.jpg
    IMG_3014.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 99