New mulch smells like manure!

Mr. Shamrock

Threads
I put down some mulch (6 yards of it) last week and it had and still has a strong smell of manure. I watered it down today and it seemed to help a little, but is there a way to get rid of this stench! It seems to be the strongest right in our front door corridor so it makes for a nice punch in the nostrils everytime we leave or come home. Even our neighbor asked what the smell was. We haven't had any rain since I put it down and was hoping with a good soaking it would elleviate the smell. Like I said it seemed to help a little, but man this is just ridiculous! Please help!!!!

Mr. Shamrock

Threads
Just FYI the watering helped tremendously. We are expecting some decent rain tonight so hopefully Ma' Nature will finish off the job.

Mr. Shamrock

Threads
Just to update (even though I am talking to myself in this thread) the rain and my watering has completely knocked out the smell.

Double Diamond

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey hey. If you ever buy mulch or topsoil and it doesn't smell, don't buy it. The smellier, the better. You definitely got your money's worth!

jenkinsph

Threads
Just to update (even though I am talking to myself in this thread) the rain and my watering has completely knocked out the smell.

Glad that worked out for you, usually doesn't take too long. This entire forum seems to exist to talk about mowers, very little responses to lawn work and or projects. Kind of boring imo.