B&S Intek 206, 5.5 hp won't start

flyfisher6032

Forum Newbie
Threads
Trying to figure out if I've lost a spring or mechanism controlling the amount of gas going to carburetor. The external speed control lever arm doesn't seem to be attached to the carburetor. I don't have a diagram and I can't seem to find one on-line. Thanks for any help you could offer. I have spark and it will run on a shot of starter fluid.

Lawnmowerman2

Threads
Trying to figure out if I've lost a spring or mechanism controlling the amount of gas going to carburetor. The external speed control lever arm doesn't seem to be attached to the carburetor. I don't have a diagram and I can't seem to find one on-line. Thanks for any help you could offer. I have spark and it will run on a shot of starter fluid.

seems your missing a governor spring.

flyfisher6032

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lawnmowerman2, thanks for responding. I think the governor spring is there, but I don't have a picture or a diagram that describes what should be there. There is a connection to the carburetor body. It looks like #10 wire sized piece of metal with a spring wound around the outside. I don't see the speed control lever with any attaching springs.

Lawnmowerman2

Threads
Lawnmowerman2, thanks for responding. I think the governor spring is there, but I don't have a picture or a diagram that describes what should be there. There is a connection to the carburetor body. It looks like #10 wire sized piece of metal with a spring wound around the outside. I don't see the speed control lever with any attaching springs.

there is a small spring that connects from the carb to the metal ( it should be connected to the outside tab.. that allows you to adj your speed.. the spring that looks like it's wrapped around the part of the front carb baffle the other end goes on the backside there is a place there to hook the round end of the governor spring too. its on the plastic end.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is it a primer type or do you push throttle lever to choke it?

Lawnmowerman2

Threads
the spring goes to the small hole next to the throttle rod. then to the speed adjustment

flyfisher6032

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lawnmowerman2 & pugaltitude, thanks for responding. I will try to send a couple of photos with this email. I think you are telling me the fine wire spring should connect to the speed control lever (photo 1)

Thanks for trying to help

Attachments

• Intek Throttle assm.002.jpg
    Intek Throttle assm.002.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Intek Throttle assm.003.jpg
    Intek Throttle assm.003.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 41

Nomatch1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lawnmowerman2 & pugaltitude, thanks for responding. I will try to send a couple of photos with this email. I think you are telling me the fine wire spring should connect to the speed control lever (photo 1)

https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5518&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1465934035
The tiny wire spring, what does it do?. It runs parallel to/over the connector to the same points that connector does on both ends,,,or is mine incorrectly connected?

Attached find an image of mine. I am not sure if it is correct.

Attachments

• Spring.jpg
    Spring.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 5

Nomatch1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anybody have any ideas?
I am still hanging here. Previous post by Nomatch1, a dead end.

https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5518&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1465934035
The tiny wire spring, what does it do?. It runs parallel to/over the connector to the same points that connector does on both ends,,,or is mine incorrectly connected?

Nomatch1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anybody have any ideas?
I am still hanging here. Previous post by Nomatch1, a dead end.