Toro 22" Recycler with leaking gas tank - free replacement

jimwarrell

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Toro 22" Recycler with leaking gas tank - free replacement
Called tankshipper and got a quick response. Sorry, this replacement tank is only for 2007 model year Toro.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow, great to hear that they're stepping up and taking care of this common problem! I'm sure there's a lawyer behind it somewhere, lol. I have a Stihl trimmer that was part of their gas gap recall. When I went to get my new cap my dealer informed me that the recall had expired! I wasn't too pleased about that...

wolfpack95

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yep. And thanks to fsagames for posting the info.

JBRollo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2007 Toro 22" Model 20071 recycler mower. At then end of last season when I was just ready to mow a small area of lawn, I saw gas pouring out from somewhere like there was no tomorrow. Well, being the end of the season, I emptied the tank and put the mower in the barn with the idea that I would fix it this season. About a week ago I started poking around and realized that the fuel was leaking from the seam around the tank... poor design for a tank if you ask me. Anyway I searched the Internet and found several folks with the same issue. One of the guys said he contacted Certified Parts Corp, the company that took over for Tecumseh, and they replaced the tank as part of "service bulletin 506." I contacted them yesterday and they required a photo of the DOM tag (date of manufacture & model identifier) and a photo of the tank. I emailed that information and received a reply today that the tank is in the mail. It's really nice to find a company that just "does the right thing." The email address is tankshiper@gmail.com (yes, only one "p"). Don't bother contacting Toro. They won't admit to anything.

Thanks for the info. I have the same problem. Used the email and sent pictures and model numbers. Bad design but at least they stand behind it. Don't know why anyone would secure a plastic cap like they did. A screw-on cap works just fine.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the info. I have the same problem. Used the email and sent pictures and model numbers. Bad design but at least they stand behind it. Don't know why anyone would secure a plastic cap like they did. A screw-on cap works just fine.

They are standing behind it because it is part of a federal mandated safety recall.