Repairs 1982 International 382 Hydro Lawn Mower

Quailman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently bought a 1982 international 382 Hydro lawn mower. The man was the original mower and was planning on restoring it but health reasons restricted this. The mower runs and is in god shape to be over 30 years old but the parking break release lever is not hooked up and it is locked in park. i have looked and cannot find what the lever hooks up to to release the rear end. If anyone has the answer please please help me out.

snapsstorer

Threads
this may seem kind of late in helping you. i have a 382 hydro myself. on my brake/clutch pedal i have a flat steel bar that is on the pedal itself. when it is pulled up it engages on a tab on the side of the frame that locks the pedal down. i am not sure if yours might not been the same set-up or not. but just to let you know. mine is attached to the pedal just above the foot support.

snapsstorer

Threads
i also have a cub 382. the brake lock was frozen/rusted in the unlocked position. i used break free on it then heated it a bit with a propane torch, and put a bit more spray on it. you may have to do this several times it finally get it to work freely.