Deck protection

neetan

Threads
I saw this in another thread. The tar spray you use on the back of pickup beds? I know this will make it heavier, but if you think of the protection? Good luck

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I did it and it was gone after one mow.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
POR 15 is the only thing I would bother with,
They specialize in corrosion resistant paints and do a massive amount of marie maintainance paints that work.
Down side is it is a difficult job, you can't just wipe it down & splash the paint on it is a bare metal finish.
Thy do not have much of a retail presence because most people ar too lazy to do the surface prep properly but it is the back bone of commercal corrosion control industries and professioal vehicle restorers.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
POR 15 is the only thing I would bother with,
They specialize in corrosion resistant paints and do a massive amount of marie maintainance paints that work.
Down side is it is a difficult job, you can't just wipe it down & splash the paint on it is a bare metal finish.
Thy do not have much of a retail presence because most people ar too lazy to do the surface prep properly but it is the back bone of commercal corrosion control industries and professioal vehicle restorers.

Bert knows his stuff ... POR 15 is top notch , And here is something I found is a really easy to use product that lasts pretty well .... just remove the flaky rust and slap it on, the more coats the better, and you can paint over it (better protection) here's a link ...

https://www.pettitpaint.com/fileshare/product_pds/Rustlok.pdf

Let us know how things work out........ theres a lot of members in this situation..... Boobala .....:thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The best stuff by a long way is POR 15 chassis paint.
A once only ever job but a big PIA to do properly.
After that marine anti fouling paint for alloy or steel hulls depending what your mower is.
A lot less work the POE but needs to be redone every year.