Repairs B1750 problem...HELP

likearock

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Kubota B1750 and after mowing for about35 minutes, it started acting like it was running out of fuel. After running roughly for about 30 seconds, it died. Let it set for a few minutes and started it up and it ran for another 10 minutes before it started running rough again. Took the fuel filter out and cleaned it (it was pretty bad),put it back in, bled it and mowed for another 30 minutes and it started running rough again and eventually died again. Anybody know what might be the problem?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

Good to have someone mowing with Kubota Diesel....

Check your filter again.... It sounds like you have something, (other than clean diesel) in the tank...
Also check for Water acclimating in the Bottom of the filter...

Love a Kubota diesel... :smile:KennyV

likearock

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Kenny. Going to pick up a new filter tomorrow. A little sludge in the bottom of the filter bowl but I cleaned it out when I cleaned the filter

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I always keep a wix filters in a box on my trailer I run a kubota on a old craftsman only down fall is it was not made for it and rather than the engine bog down it squeals the deck belt

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

oldmisterbill

Forum Newbie
Threads
It sure sthateems like fuel problem. What concerns me is that it ran better for a while after changing the filter. A quick assumption would be the filter clogged again. That raises the question - WHY? Has it sat for a while? Is it old fuel ? Is there rust in the tenk. If I was to be dealinf with it I would look carefully in the tank for rust-dirt-an anything that isn't clean fuel ( I assume it is a deisel) . One problem that very few know about with deisel is algea -yes algea slimy groth like found on wet rocks. In deisels it is uaually brown -nasty sludge. I use an approved algacide once yearly in all my deisel tanks. If yuo find algea ,you are in for a tough cleaning and killing job. (And I mean tough) After using an algicide there will be dead "bugs" to clog the filter. You can't clean it enough. Let me know what you find.

likearock

Forum Newbie
Threads
It sure sthateems like fuel problem. What concerns me is that it ran better for a while after changing the filter. A quick assumption would be the filter clogged again. That raises the question - WHY? Has it sat for a while? Is it old fuel ? Is there rust in the tenk. If I was to be dealinf with it I would look carefully in the tank for rust-dirt-an anything that isn't clean fuel ( I assume it is a deisel) . One problem that very few know about with deisel is algea -yes algea slimy groth like found on wet rocks. In deisels it is uaually brown -nasty sludge. I use an approved algacide once yearly in all my deisel tanks. If yuo find algea ,you are in for a tough cleaning and killing job. (And I mean tough) After using an algicide there will be dead "bugs" to clog the filter. You can't clean it enough. Let me know what you find.

Well, I cleaned everything from the tank to the injectors. Put new hoses on and a new filter. Got new fuel and everything seems ok now. Im wondering if I got bad fuel cuz when I went down to the station where I last bought fuel, the pump where I pumped fuel was closed down. The new fuel I just got at another station looks a little clearer and brighter than what I drained out of my tractor and can. I always keep my can under roof also.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you can buy fuel where they go through a Lot of it... Truck stops or where the schools fuel up. High volume outlets will generally have fresh clean fuel... :smile:KennyV

smilinjak

Forum Newbie
Threads
Diesel fuel is strange stuff. You need to treat every purchase with Stabil at the same ratio as is stated for gasoline. This helps with several of the problems that can come up. I also use Lucas fuel treatment. A little skinny bottle will treat 25 gallons. The sizes sold at truck stops for "big" trucks would treat a lifetime supply for a mower. Autoparts places have the small bottles. Be sure to fill the tank after each use to keep down condensation and change fuel filters on a regular schedule. Don't wait for them to clog up. If you have a sediment bowl on the fuel line take it off and clean it at least once a month.
Buying fuel at a high volume station is great advice just don't buy any if the tanker is there dumping fuel.