Here is my Lawn Boy fleet...

ksubuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
Joined the forum looking for some information as I was working on these old mowers. Having fun and enjoying the posts.

The old bricktop was my dad's. Model 7084. I remember the day in 1978 when we brought it home from the local nursery. Little did I know how much time i would spend with it over the years. Was at his house the other day and it was sitting out in the yard where it had been for the last decade or so. I asked him if it still ran. He said he gave up on it a long time ago. He had tried to throw it out but the garbage man wouldn't take it. THANK GOD.

My newest mower, the 10201, runs like a big horse turd and was currently on the list of things to fix. So I asked dad if I could have the 7084. He said sure. I brought it home and cleaned it up. Pulled the carb and worked on it. Put it all back together and it runs like a top, a leaky top that is. Waiting on gaskets, float, and valve bushing to fix that.

In the mean time, I inherited the model 7268 from the previous owner of my old house. It hadn't run for years. Got run over by a tractor and then sat in the old barn where it got covered with a half inch of bird turds. Couple of hours of cleaning, pulling the carb, removing an old mouse nest with a healthy handful of soybeans stored away, and she fired right up. Sharpened the blade this morning and mowed the lawn. Smoooooth.

Anyone want the 10201:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_5901.jpg
    IMG_5901.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5907.jpg
    IMG_5907.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5915.jpg
    IMG_5915.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5922.jpg
    IMG_5922.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5923.jpg
    IMG_5923.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 33

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I love that 7074 -- that's the brick-top, right? It's great that your dad left that to you -- that a family heirloom can also be a classic machine. And obviously... they don't make those today.

Please -- more pictures of that mower. :biggrin:

:welcome: