How to remove what looks to be a bearing cover?

ancient11

Threads
I have a Poland Pro riding lawn mower and I somehow got two Halloween wig's wrapped around my blade's. I took the deck off, then flipped it upside down and removed the blade's. Underneath the blade is a cup and the wig is entangled in their also, so I must learn how to remove this.

Anyone that has any knowledge about this I would certainly appreciate it if they would share it with me. I am not that mechanically inclined but I do have a few tools.
Thank you very much
ancient

written by Dragon naturally speaking.

ancient11

Threads
This is the cup (or shield) you look at when you look at the star underneath the blade. I need to know if it's press fit or part of the bearing?
thank you

Hmmmm I must have bad breath or something--welll thanks anyway

Last edited:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok put the blade back on and use something to hold it so it does not move and take the nut off of the pulley then you can pull the shaft out with the blade still on it

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

ancient11

Threads
Ok put the blade back on and use something to hold it so it does not move and take the nut off of the pulley then you can pull the shaft out with the blade still on it

Thank you Carscw that was exactly what I needed, now maybe I can get my lawn mower fixed:biggrin:. The grass is getting tall.

ancient11

Threads
I never knew how cheaply a Poulan was made:mad:, the cheapest cold roll for decking with a lousy paint job and to top it off absolutely no needle or ball bearing in the spindle. What crap! If I have to replace the spindles, I will try to use snapper's if I can.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have never found one with out bearings

ancient11

Threads
Well, I finally got my mower back together, charged and ready to go. It took a full tube of high temperature grease to fill the three spindles. Tomorrow I will cut my grass after I use a machete to get to the mower smile.
I was really disappointed in those spindles for they only had a sleeve and no bearings. I took all three out and there was no bearings. I am going to look into trying to replace them with snapper spindles next year. I can only hope that it is possible. At that time I am also going to try and paint my deck with some of the pickup truck durable paint lining.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

If you keep this up you will end up being banned and every post you made will get deleted so your efforts to advertise your bearing shop will have come to nothing.

Even worse is BS like this post when you should know these used std metric sealed deep groove ball bearings
If you had ever fixed a mower spindle you would know that the shield is a light press fit that comes off from the pulley end after both the bearings ( 6203 & 6204 ) are removed.