i1046 left wheel will not turn

hv155

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cub i1046, 2007 model i believe. I was mowing yesterday and as I began to make a turn, the left rear wheel locked up and would not turn. It was making a grinding noise. I had to pull the hydro bypass rod on the wheel and it began to turn just fine. I know from reading other posts that there is a known issue with the brake locking on cub cadets. Also, from reading the owner manual, i learned that the hydro is sealed from the factory and cannot be repaired or the oil checked or changed. has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any idea how to fix my problem.

barsenault

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cub i1046, 2007 model i believe. I was mowing yesterday and as I began to make a turn, the left rear wheel locked up and would not turn. It was making a grinding noise. I had to pull the hydro bypass rod on the wheel and it began to turn just fine. I know from reading other posts that there is a known issue with the brake locking on cub cadets. Also, from reading the owner manual, i learned that the hydro is sealed from the factory and cannot be repaired or the oil checked or changed. has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any idea how to fix my problem.

I've actually had good success just cleaning and lubing the hydro linkages down below. Usually just hit it liberally with WD40 and it lasts for quite a while.