ISO a mower like my old one....

VirginiaMoo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ran my previous mower into the ground and need to buy a new one. I have been looking, but seems they don't make my old mower any longer. I thought you guys might be able to help me... perhaps someone has seen what I am looking for in a place I have not looked.

I had a Craftsman 22" side discharge with big back wheels. It did not have a bag. It was not that heavy. It was a no frills mower and I used it to go in tight spaces before I would get on the riding mower. It was a GREAT mower.... even survived me backing over it with my truck!

Has anyone seen a mower similar to what I had? If you have, I'd love to know where!!!! Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Threads
I know this is late, but I will respond to this in case anyone else is looking for a similar mower. You might find some at this link: Shop for Lawn Mowers in the Lawn & Garden department of Craftsman.com.
They are simple mowers that are side-discharge-able, and they have large back tires.
Personally I think a mower like this is TOO simple, and doesn't look durable, but that's just me.
simple craftsman 1.jpg simple craftsman 2.jpg craftsman.jpg

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had a Craftsman 22" side discharge with big back wheels. It did not have a bag. It was not that heavy. It was a no frills mower and I used it to go in tight spaces before I would get on the riding mower. It was a GREAT mower.... even survived me backing over it with my truck!

Has anyone seen a mower similar to what I had? If you have, I'd love to know where!!!!

This one is for sale for $70 in Forest Hill Park area,Virginia. Don't know if that is close to you or not.

Here is the link for 22" Craftsman big wheel mower.

Attachments

• 3K83I53pd5N15Kb5J9d1je2ebb9ce87dc1267.jpg
    3K83I53pd5N15Kb5J9d1je2ebb9ce87dc1267.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 8

VirginiaMoo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your responses!! The picture of the one down near Richmond is just like the one I ran over! I don't know why I did not think of CraigsList. Great recommendation! As it turns out, I did try the Craftsman one in the first reply, but I returned it. It was very cheap and would not even mow... Grass was a little tall, but not horrible and it would not cut it. Just not enough power. I then tried one from Tractor Supply that had more "stuff" than I really needed, but it is pretty darn close to the original one I had. I don't remember the model, but it has a Honda engine.

Thanks again for the replies!!

Threads
Thanks for your responses!! The picture of the one down near Richmond is just like the one I ran over! I don't know why I did not think of CraigsList. Great recommendation! As it turns out, I did try the Craftsman one in the first reply, but I returned it. It was very cheap and would not even mow... Grass was a little tall, but not horrible and it would not cut it. Just not enough power. I then tried one from Tractor Supply that had more "stuff" than I really needed, but it is pretty darn close to the original one I had. I don't remember the model, but it has a Honda engine.

Thanks again for the replies!!

I'm glad you found one! :biggrin: