Smaller saws

Roger

Threads
I am thinking something like a 24 inch chainsaw might be a little more than I need for some of the work we are planning. Does anyone here have experience with smaller saws?

173abn

Threads
Roger,I own a Sthil with a 16" bar.I've cut some mighty big trees with it.It might take a little longer with a smaller bar but if you keep your chain sharp it'll work plus it don't wear you out if your cutting a lot of wood. russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can get small trim saws, 10 or 12 inch bar, in either gas or electric...I've used both and they are handy...
Like russ said it will take you a little longer, but not much longer... the smallish saws are so handy to use that I can't think of being without one... :smile:KennyV

grnspot110

Threads
Likewise! I use an 029 Stihl with a 16" bar; safer, easier to handle & all I usually need even though it will handle a larger bar. I try to avoid really big trees, but have cut one 46" diameter white oak with a 16" bar ( had to notch all around the tree to reach). 24" trees are no problem for a 16" bar! ~~ grnspot110

173abn

Threads
grnspot110, that's the saw I own.great little saw. russ

Thunder

Threads
If you don't have a lot of big jobs, a sawzall will work just as good too. That type of saw is good for trimming off low growing branches.