Lawn Boy 2 cycle Ashless oil

JWR

Forum Newbie
Threads
Any suggestions on where to buy lawnboy mix oil?
Can't find it in the stores anymore, so I will have to buy it online for the season.

Thanks
John

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Super Tech just as good as Ashless, been using it in all my 2 cycle and never a oil problem.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't think the brand of oil is all that important. I'd be interested in hearing exactly why one brand of two-cycle oil is better than another.

I just wouldn't push the mix ratio higher than 50:1. Some people go much higher without any problems but I think that's risky.

hankthecrank

Threads
Any good 2-cycle oil mixed to the correct ratio will serve you just fine, another thing to consider is a small amount of MMO or Sea-Foam added to your mix.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Any good 2-cycle oil mixed to the correct ratio will serve you just fine, another thing to consider is a small amount of MMO or Sea-Foam added to your mix.

It's good to have you back, hankthecrank. It's been way too long -- many questions have come up here in the Lawn-Boy section that I knew you could answer.

About the MMO... what does it do?

Last edited:

Mwh0428

Threads
I have two cans of the 2 cycle lawnboy ash less oil. I got it seven years ago after my great grandpa died along with the 74 lawnboy. One question is the oil still good because in 1999-2001 he bought a brand new cub cadet self propeled.

Sent from my iPod touch using LMF

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have two cans of the 2 cycle lawnboy ash less oil. I got it seven years ago after my great grandpa died along with the 74 lawnboy. One question is the oil still good because in 1999-2001 he bought a brand new cub cadet self propeled.

Tell us about the '74 Lawn-Boy. Model Number? A picture would be great. The mid-1970s were great years for the brand.

Welcome to the forum.

reed

Threads
forget the old oil .i use maxima 927 castor oil 32.1 in all my lawn boys .its exspensive but good stuff. My motorcycle mechanic highly recommends it in all 2 stroke engines.Some one on this site said that it is only for high rpm engines but i beg to differ.it burns real well and ever since i have used it my mower doesnt smoke as much and the little black goop around muffler is gone.i have 5 lawn boys , 2 echo blowers and a echo trimmer , a cr250r honda and they all run great on this oil.it smells great too.i run the 93 octane in everything and have for years with absolutely no problems.