Lawn Boy 2 cycle Ashless oil

2smoked

Threads
not to be rude but this topic is always over cooked on any forum. car dirt bike , boat ect . .just use what makes you happy and what you feel comfortable with. i have 5 vintage lawn boy mowers and they all run great on castor 927 . and i use motul 800 . i even ran the cheap crap from wal mart that has the built in measuring cup for 15 years with no problems .these are lawn mowers not nascars .the big thing is clean your air filter regularly and only mix 1 gallon at atime so fuel doesnt get old . just my 2 cents.didnt mean to piss anyone off .

AGREE, AGREE, AGREE:thumbsup:

Teds

Threads
OPTI-2 Synthetic Oil, I've been using it in ALL my 2 cycle gear for OVER 25 years now, no smoke, no carbon build-up, AND NO "BLOWN" or seized engines either !!! I buy the 13oz. bottle and mix 1.2 oz. per GALLON of gas, right at a 100:1 mix, YES.. not a MISPRINT ... 100;1 ratio, scares the Hell outa some folks till they try it, but once you try it you'll be convinced, it's the best !!

I'm going to try and post some pics this winter after teardown of a 7265. Has all new internal components in terms of crank, needle bearings at crank and wrist pin, rings, piston, jug etc etc., Has been running Opti-2 at 100-1 for a few seasons now, so should be a valid inspection versus just speculation. Yes, I'm "taking one for the team".

Measured 90 psi. cold compression after rebuild, tho before ring seat. I guess I could check that again now easily enough. It runs great. The published LB cylinder compression specification shows slightly higher figures for a cold engine versus hot. Thought that is odd?? But anyway, we'll see what's what.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
It doesn't like to blend in gasoline in cold temperatures, but it is long been used as a premix in 2 stroke dirt bike motocross. Castor 927 is about 70% Castor oil and some "modified fatty acids". Some people run castor in their mowers because they like the odor.

I used to run Klotz in my old Penton Six Day Trials bike when I was a kid. I ran some hare scrambles in 78-80 with that old beast.

L8R,
Matt

Mafioso812

Threads
I found Lawn Boy oil at Ace Hardware...just saying.

Russ2251

Threads
I found Lawn Boy oil at Ace Hardware
How much coin did you lay out and for what quantity? Just curious.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
My local Ace Hardware sells the 4oz bottles of Lawn Boy oil for $3. But once I'm done with my $8 quart of Pennzoil, I will be getting a 1 gallon jug of Pennzoil XLF 2 stroke oil for $15.88. Now THAT'S a good deal!

L8R,
Matt

Russ2251

Threads
Let's do the math kids...

4oz. Lawn-Boy oil @ $3.00 per bottle

128oz. = 1 gallon

128oz. / 4oz. = 32 4oz. bottles per gallon

32 x $3.00 = $96 for Lawn-Boy oil per gallon

Pennzoil @ $15.88 = < $0.50 per 4oz. bottle.

Based on the above, why would anyone insist on purchasing Lawn-Boy oil?
( I think I got it right...:confused3:)

Teds

Threads
Heck, that's not Math, that's Arithmetic.

Opti-2 is about $65 a gallon delivered, lasts a long time. Makes approx. 106 gallons at 1.2 oz per @100-1 (no, not a typo) Good stuff.

Russ2251

Threads
I agree, it is good stuff...but does not meet Lawn-Boy (TC-W3) specs.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
I was using Amsoil Saber originally in my Lawn Boys, chainsaw, and trimmer. Even though they claim up to 100:1 like Opti-2 does, I have an email directly from Amsoil stating that they recommend only going to 50:1 in vintage Lawn Boys. I will still use the Saber at 50:1 in my saw and trimmer because those are already rated at using 50:1. But I went back to basics and started using the Pennzoil again in my mowers. That 1 gallon jug will mix 32 gallons of fuel for me, so it should last a couple years or so. Now THAT’S cost effective!

L8R,
Matt