Lawn Boy 2 cycle Ashless oil

Russ2251

Threads
No data I guess...

I'll stick with what the engineers figured out what would be best....and not with what "feels suitable".

nitehawk55

Threads
The TC-W3 oil you use is fine and any JASO-FC or FD is very clean oil too , all suitable for a LB engine .

I would how-ever caution the use of castor bean oils such as Klotz or mix ratios of 100:1 even if the product says you are able to , you may certainly have issues running those in a LB or most any OPE .

That's all I have to say , do your own research .

Last edited:

Canoester

Threads
I'll stick with what the engineers figured out what would be best....and not with what "feels suitable".[/QUOTE said:
Where is the fun with that?

Been running my yard sale find D series 16:1 on 32:1 for the last year and its happy.

My first post is in the oil wars thread! Wooohoo!

nitehawk55

Threads
What oil are you using Canoester ?
Yes , you are a brave sole commenting in an oil thread on your 1st post :laughing:

Canoester

Threads
What oil are you using Canoester ?
Yes , you are a brave sole commenting in an oil thread on your 1st post :laughing:

To protect my 2 dollar investment I've used the following.

Supertech 2 cycle (current) 32:1 ( No smoke)
LawnBoy 2 cycle when I get to the local hdwe store 32:1 (They all seem to smoke with the real LB oil)
Pro Mix synthetic (universal blend for all ratios) for a couple tanks at 50:1

This is the third LB in the fleet and honestly I did not know it was supposed to be 16:1 till I carefully read the label on the mower.

nitehawk55

Threads
I like to run any good 2 cycle oil at 32:1 or 40:1 . You need some smoke for bug control :tongue:

Bolens800UK

Threads
Would you guys use Stihl motomix 2 stroke fuel readily mixed on a vintage Lawnboy mower? I use it on my chainsaws etc.

Russ2251

Threads
Would you guys use Stihl motomix 2 stroke fuel readily mixed on a vintage Lawnboy mower?
No. Lawn-Boy spec calls for TC-W3 which is an ashless oil. Available everywhere.
Chainsaws run at much higher temperatures than Lawn-boy mowers.