Engine Proper valve adjustment

okiepc

Threads
John Deere GX75 : 9hp electric start Kawasaki overhead valve Engine number FC290V-CS10.

Think I can hear a little excessive valve noise so I popped of the rocker cover & Checked the clearance, the top valve was .006, the bottom valve was .010+, I don't know which is exhaust or intake at this time. Anyone know what the proper clearance should be either hot or cold?:confused2:
Any help appreciated!!

Thanks for looking

mac

Threads
The upper valve is the exhaust valve and lower valve is the intake.

Gene123

Threads
John Deere GX75 : 9hp electric start Kawasaki overhead valve Engine number FC290V-CS10.

Think I can hear a little excessive valve noise so I popped of the rocker cover & Checked the clearance, the top valve was .006, the bottom valve was .010+, I don't know which is exhaust or intake at this time. Anyone know what the proper clearance should be either hot or cold?:confused2:
Any help appreciated!!

Thanks for looking

Hello. I just bought a riding mower very similar to yours. Mine is a John Deere SRX75, and the engine code is the same. It needs repair. I don't have an owner's manual or a factory service manual. I thought I could easily find a pdf to download online , but I'm having no luck with that. How long have you owned your's? How do you like it?